THIS WEEK IN PICTURES: January 5-11
Whether you've been living under a rock for the past week, or you're just in the mood for a recap of everything theatre, BroadwayWorld's feature, 'This Week in Pictures' is here to satisfy your end of the week fix. Take a look below to catch up on the latest happenings from the Great White Way to The West End (and everywhere in between) with coverage of press events, rehearsals, opening nights and more!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: CINDERELLA preps for Broadway, Blythe Danner joins NICE WORK, FLASHDANCE launches its national tour, and so much more!
The new production of RODGERS + HAMMERSTEIN'S Cinderella will begin performances in January at the Broadway Theatre (1681 Broadway at 53rd St). RODGERS + HAMMERSTEIN'S Cinderella has music by Richard Rodgers, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, a new book by Douglas Carter Beane and original book by Oscar Hammerstein II. The musical is directed by Mark Brokaw. Josh Rhodes is choreographer. For more photos from the cast meet & greet, click here.
Emmy and Tony Award winner Blythe Danner has joined the cast of Nice Work If You Can Get It for 12 weeks only, continuing through March 10th. Ms. Danner assumes the role of Millicent Winter, the mother of Matthew Broderick's character Jimmy Winter. The role was originated on Broadway by Academy Award winner Estelle Parsons, who played her final performance on Sunday, December 16. Check out more photos of Danner in action here!
Emily Padgett. Photo Credit: Kyle Froman
Performances for the upcoming national tour of FLASHDANCE - THE MUSICAL, the stage adaptation of the 1983 hit film that defined a generation, began January 1st and run through January 6 at Pittsburgh's Heinz Hall. At a recent press event, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl officially announced January 1st as FLASHDANCE day. Following the Pittsburgh engagement, FLASHDANCE will embark on a national tour to more than 25 cities in the next seven months with additional bookings to be announced soon. Click here for more shots of the cast in action!
- Boyd, Shackelford & Barnett Partners With Informed Instinct to Launch Best-in-class Policyholder Online Experience
- Australian VPN Offers Anonymity to Citizens Concerned About Their Online Privacy
- LinkedIn Reaches 300 Million Members Worldwide
- QuickPay Acquires Advanced Parking and Transportation Division of ANAi Global, Announces Name Change to 'LocoMobi, Inc'
- SGI Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2014 Earnings Call Information
- vRad and E-Techco Partnership Creates First Direct-to-Patient Remote Radiology Services in China
- OpenText Expands Latin American Presence with New Offerings and Locations in Brazil
- ARRIS Acquires SeaWell Networks
- Nexusguard Addresses Key Issues Concerning Next-Gen DDos Mitigation Solutions at CIO Roundtable
- Dallas Social Startup Wins Weekly National Competition