STAGE TUBE: Sneak Peek - Discovery's FLYING WILD ALASKA Season 3, Premiering 6/8
For the small, isolated communities of Northern Alaska, the only way in (and the only way out) is by bush plane. Here, the Tweto family - husband and wife Jim and Ferno and their daughters Ariel and Ayla - provide the only lifeline to America's last frontier via their regional airline, Era Alaska. For season 3 of FLYING WILD ALASKA, which begins Friday, June 8 at 10PM ET/PT, the Twetos and Era Alaska's skilled pilots operate in the worst weather Alaska has seen in decades.
Among the Season 3 highlights:
· Ariel Tweto continues her quest to get her pilot's license and faces the biggest obstacle of her career
· Massive solar flares wreak havoc on airplane equipment across the state
· Pilot Sarah Fraher has a sudden mid-air breach at 3,000 feet -- in -40 degree F temperatures
· Ariel joins a search and rescue team to help find a missing friend
· Pilot John Ponts is once again the rookie as he is transferred to Era's most unforgiving hub: Barrow, Alaska
· Pilot Erik Snuggerud's moose hunt turns into a fight for survival
· Pilot Doug Stewart attempts to land on a treacherous runway to fly schoolkids out for their first visit ever to the mainland
· John Kapsner and his co-pilot race to find stranded snow machiners who have been out overnight in the deadly cold
· Pilot Ben Pedersen attempts to retrieve a priest in 40 mph winds so he can deliver Easter mass in the villages
· Jim Tweto hopes to build a new cabin and gold mine, but must get 15,000 lbs of equipment across a thawing river to make his dream a reality
Get a sneak peek at the upcoming new season below!
Click Here to Play!