FREEZE FRAME: Meet the Company of MCC's REALLY REALLY
MCC Theater (Robert LuPone, Bernard Telsey, William Cantler, Artistic Directors; Blake West, Executive Director) presents Matt Lauria (NBC's "Friday Night Lights" & "Parenthood"), ZOSIA MAMET (HBO's "Girls", AMC's "Mad Men"), Lauren Culpepper (Signature's Really Really), David Hull (Broadway's Wicked & How to Succeed...), Evan Jonigkeit (Broadway's High with Kathleen Turner), Kobi Libii (Off-Broadway's CQ/CX), and Aleque Reid (Hair 1st National Tour) in the New York premiere production of Really Really by Paul Downs Colaizzo. The production, which marks Colaizzo's New York playwriting debut, is directed by David Cromer, the Obie Award and Lucille Lortel Award-winning director of hits Our Town, Adding Machine and Tribes.
Really Really begins in the hazy aftermath of a wild party when 'the morning after' appears to be just another day in the undergrad carnival that revolves around a close circle of friends. But when morning-after gossip about privileged Davis (Lauria) and ambitious Leigh (Mamet) turns ugly, the veneer of loyalty and friendship is peeled back to reveal a vicious jungle of sexual politics, raw ambition, and class warfare where only the strong could possibly survive.
Paul Downs Colaizzo's startlingly funny, booze-soaked cornucopia, Really Really, took Washington D.C. by storm last season with its acclaimed, record-breaking run at the Tony Award-winning Signature Theatre. In addition to direction by David Cromer (whose visionary take on Our Town floored New York audiences in 2009, and whose Tribes is currently one of Off-Broadway's biggest hits), this production features scenic design by David Korins (Annie), costume design by Sarah Laux (associate designer, Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson), lighting design by David Wiener (reasons to be pretty), and sound design by Daniel Kluger (Tribes).
Tickets for Really Really are $59 and are available by visiting www.mcctheater.org or calling 212-352-3101. Also available are $25 Under 30 tickets, for anyone 29 years of age or younger with valid ID. 2-play subscriptions for the 2012-2013 mainstage productions are priced at $79-89 and are now available by visiting www.mcctheater.org.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
Lauren Culpepper, Evan Jonigkeit, Aleque Reid, Matt Lauria, Kobi Libii, Zosia Mamet & David Hull attending the Meet & Greet for the MCC Theater's Production of 'Really Really' at Telsey & Co., Studios in New York City on 1/10/2013
- In the Spotlight Series: Cast of A RAISIN IN THE SUN
- Photo Coverage: Ciara Renee & Andrew Lippa Rehearse THE WILD PARTY SWINGS at 54 Below
- Photo Coverage: Tony Shalhoub, Santino Fontana & ACT ONE Cast Celebrate Opening Night!
- Photo Coverage: Inside OF MICE AND MEN's Opening Night Theatre Arrivals!
- Photo Coverage: OF MICE AND MEN Cast Arrives on Broadway- Inside the Opening Night After Party!
- Photo Coverage: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd & OF MICE AND MEN Company Take Opening Night Bows!
- Photo Coverage: Chloe Grace Moretz, Jennifer Westfeldt & THE LIBRARY Company Celebrate Opening Night!
- Photo Coverage: Inside Opening Night Arrivals of Steven Soderbergh's THE LIBRARY at the Public Theater
- Photo Coverage: Playwrights Horizons' FLY BY NIGHT Company Meets the Press!