FREEZE FRAME Exclusive: Cheyenne Jackson, Henry Winkler and THE PERFORMERS Cast Takes Times Square!
Produced by Robyn Goodman, Scott M. Delman and Amanda Lipitz, THE PERFORMERS cast includes Cheyenne Jackson, Ari Graynor, Daniel Breaker, Jenni Barber with Alicia Silverstone and Henry Winkler. David West Read's new romantic comedy will begin preview performances on Broadway October 23 prior to its official opening night November 14 at the Longacre Theatre (220 W. 48 St.) in New York City.
The cast and creative team met the press earlier today, and you can check out a sneak peek of the whole team outside of the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square below. Be sure to check back later for full photo coverage!
THE PERFORMERS will be directed by Evan Cabnet (WARRIOR CLASS, ALL-AMERICAN), who also directed David West Read's play THE DREAM OF THE BURNING BOY, a critical and popular hit when it debuted in March 2011 at Roundabout Theatre's Underground Series, produced by Robyn Goodman.
THE PERFORMERS is a romantic comedy set on the night of the Adult Film Awards. Lee (Breaker), a tabloid journalist, has come to Las Vegas to interview his high school friend Mandrew (Jackson), a hot new adult film star. Lee, who's accompanied by his fiancee Sara (Silverstone), first sees Mandrew as an exotic creature; but soon enough begins to question his own, more conservative lifestyle. Meanwhile, Sara is having doubts too, and she enlists Mandrew's wife Peeps (Graynor) -- also an adult film star -- to compare notes on intimacy and the fear of commitment. Awards, sequins, and Barry Manilow converge as everyone tries to navigate the ins, outs, ups and downs of relationships. Thank goodness Chuck Wood (Winkler), the hardest-working man in the business, is on hand to remind everyone that size matters… but love matters more.
Photo Credit: Walter McBride
'The Performers' Marquee for Press Day at the Hard Rock Cafe
The cast and creative team of "The Performers", from left, producer Amanda Lipitz, actor Henry Winkler, actress Ari Graynor, producer Scott M. Delman, actor Cheyenne Jackson, actress Jenni Barber, producer Robyn Goodman, actor Daniel Breaker and actress Alicia Silverstone
The cast and creative team from "The Performers", the left actress Jenni Barber, actress Alicia Silverstone, actor Cheyenne Jackson, actress Ari Graynor, playwright David West Read, actor Daniel Breaker and actor Henry Winkler
- Photo Coverage: At the Stage Door for IF/THEN's Final Shows in D.C.
- Photo Coverage: David Henry Hwang, Lynn Nottage & More Launch Cherry Lane Theatre's MENTOR PROJECT 2014
- Photo Flash: Remembering Christopher Evan Welch
- Up on the Marquee: ALADDIN
- Photo Coverage: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Photo Coverage: BRONX BOMBERS Cast Films TV Commercial
- Photo Coverage: Debra Messing, Brian F. O'Byrne and Cast of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR Meet the Press!
- FREEZE FRAME: BRONX BOMBERS Cast Films TV Commercial
- FREEZE FRAME: Meet the Company of MTC's OUTSIDE MULLINGAR
- In the Spotlight Series: NO MAN'S LAND & WAITING FOR GODOT's Billy Crudup