EXCLUSIVE: The Record: Issue 1 Gavin Creel
The Record: Issue 1
Our first guest is Gavin Creel, a two time Tony nominee for HAIR and THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE. Creel was also seen in the 2004 Broadway Revival of LA CAGE AUX FOLLES, The Goodman Theatre/Kennedy Center production of BOUNCE, as well as HAIR and MARY POPPINS on the West End.
In addition to his work in the theatre, Creel has built up a loyal fan base playing his original music to sold-out crowds across the country and at such New York hot spots as Irving Plaza, Joe's Pub, Symphony Space and Arlene's Grocery. His debut pop album "GOODTIMENATION," and intimate follow-up EP, "Quiet," were both written and recorded with long time collaborator, Robbie Roth. BroadwayWorld.com is thrilled to announce that Creel is putting the finishing touches on his third studio album that will be released this spring!
Gavin joins Seth Rudetsky to make his Provincetown concert debut next week as part of the Broadway At The Art House series, Saturday, August 27th at 9pm and Sunday, August 28th at 7:30pm.
Take a look what Gavin has to say about his music and what to expect on his exciting next album.
How did you begin creating music?
The radio. My record player. Mix tapes. Church choirs. School ensembles. Piano lessons. Screaming pop music in my bedroom. Going to see Janet and Billy and Elton in concert. Dreaming of stages across the world blasting my music.
How do you classify your music? What genre?
Epic pop because I come from the theatre, I think my music has a bit of story and theatricality and size to it. I like big sound, big emotion, so…I call it epic. I love listening to and creating music that makes your head dream and your body go.
What are your influences?
Good beats, great hooks, sex in sound. Anything that'll turn me on and not even in a dirty way (well, okay maybe sometimes). I'm influenced by sounds that get inside my gut-my feet-my hips. EARLY: Whitney Houston, George Michael, Michael Jackson, Madonna, prince. NOW: Beyonce, Mark Ronson, Gaga, Scissor Sisters, a lot of great pop producers.
- BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Laura Osnes Edition
- BWW Photo Exclusive: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Louis Hobson Edition
- BWW Photo Exclusive: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Joe Hart Edition
- The Record : Issue 5 - Alice Ripley
- Photo EXCLUSIVE: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Melissa Van Der Shyff Edition
- Photo EXCLUSIVE: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Claybourne Elder Edition
- Photo EXCLUSIVE: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Jeremy Jordan Edition