Big Apple Circus to Return to Lincoln Center with LUMINOCITY, Oct 25-Jan 12
It's the vivacity! It's the velocity! It's the LUMINOCITY- the All-New Show from the Big Apple Circus! Now in its 36th Season, the Big Apple Circus celebrates the vitality of life at the city epicenter, the Crossroads of the World! Catch all the verve, the high-spirits and racing-pulse thrills of the World's Greatest Circus Artists in one ring under our intimate Big Top, where no seat is more than 50 feet from ringside! The Big Apple Circus presents LUMINOCITY in its New York Premiere in Damrosch Park at Lincoln Center, from Friday, October 25th, 2013, through Sunday, January 12th, 2014.
Venture within the hubbub at the heart of Gotham, where the restless tide of humanity rushes through canyons of skyscrapers and shoals of billboards: The dog-walker, whose rowdy pups perform amazing tricks! Businesswomen who arrange to meet, soaring high above on a double trapeze! The rube, a clown-prince among peers, celebrating the mirth of life! Revelry at New Year's Eve, with teeter-board acrobats flying like fireworks! and a chic couple of wire-walkers suspended mid-air for the event! The humble repairman, climbing the ladder of his imagination! The mounted policewoman, directing a cavalcade of steeds! The flimflam man with his quicksilver moves! The food cart vendor, juggling his produce! Construction workers assembling athletic poses of incredible strength! The celebrated Big Apple Circus Band, under the baton of maestro Rob Slowik, provides the lively musical soundtrack, and your cosmopolitan Ringmaster, John Kennedy Kane, will conduct your tour through this luminous cityscape. Run away and join the Big Apple Circus this season for a dazzling, unforgettable spectacle of wonder, merriment and joy!
Performers from around the globe create awe-inspiring moments at the Big Apple Circus under the artistic direction of Guillaume Dufresnoy for the 2013-2014 show:
- From the US, John Kennedy Kanereturns as ringmaster to guide you around this shimmering city-center of spectacles and wonder!
- From Japan, 15-year old Ty Tojo, holder of three Guinness World Records, captivates the audience with his jaw-dropping juggling routine!
- From Portugal, the Duo Guerrero (Werner Guerrero and Aura Cardinali)dance across the sky with their astounding high wire performance!
- From the US, Rob Torres, the cheerful and beloved "International Man of Mirth," returns to the Big Top with gleeful exhilaration!
- From France, Pierre Ginet, the marvelous flimflam man, fuses comedy and crime to bewilder the audience with his amusing shenanigans!
- From Russia, the robust Acro-Duo (Vitaliy Prikhodko and Alexei Anikine)bend gravity with balance and agility!
- From Russia, the sensational Dosov Troupe burst from their teeter-board like fireworks into the firmament!
- From the US, Jenny Vidbel warms the heart of spectators with her adorable ponies and animated puppies, with an added surprise or two!
- From Canada, Daniel Cyr, the fabulous handyman, scrambles a ladder to nowhere but air!
- From Mongolia, the graceful angelsDavaasuren Altantsetseg and Narangua Altankhuyag arc through the heavens with daring acts of elegance!
Returning as Big Apple Circus director for a sixth season, Michel Barette presents a memorable show to entertain audiences of all ages. As choreographer, Vicki Davis returns to share her dancing delight step by step.Sarah Conly returns with her magnificent costume designs. Michael Deegan makes his Big Apple Circus debut as scenic designer. Also returning are sound designer JP Perreaux, who amplifies the Big Top with melodious vibes, and lighting designer Louis Morisset, who energizes the show with flashes of glistening illumination. As always, the Big Apple Circus Band captures the minds and hearts under the musical direction of Rob Slowik.
Performances of LUMINOCITY begin on Friday, October 25th and run through Sunday, January 12th. Tickets for LUMINOCITY start at $25 and are available at www.bigapplecircus.org or by calling (888) 541-3750. The Circus Box Office, located in front of the Big Top, will open Tuesday, October 22nd; there is no service charge for tickets purchased at the box office.
The show's running time is about two hours, including a fifteen-minute intermission. For more ticket information, group sales, inquiries about wheelchair-accessible seating, or for additional information, call the Ticket Info Line at (800) 922-3772.