Page: 1

Musical theatre and Religion

jakiboi
Swing
Swing
Musical theatre and Religion#1
Posted: 3/25/09 at 4:53pm
Hey guys, i'm doing a musical theatre degree in England and im in my final year. As part of my degree i have to do an extended essay of my choice. I have decided to do my essay on musical theatre and religion, questioning whether certains shows are portrayed as blaphmous? whether they are gettin more controversial over the years. The main 3 i chose were Godspell, Jesus Christ Superstar and Jerry Springer the Opera..... If any one has any opinions on this matter i would but very greatful for any feed back and opinions to add in my essay! Thankyou!!!
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Musical theatre and Religion#2
Posted: 3/25/09 at 5:12pm
A while back I found a website made by Christians about how the movie of Godspell is entirely blaphmous. Had many opinions on it and why it was blaphmous etc. I will try and re-locate it. I remember specifically how they thought it it entirely wrong to have Jesus portrayed by a clown, almost as if the whole movie was mocking Christianity. Will post a link as son as I find it.
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
jakiboi
Swing
Swing
re: Musical theatre and Religion#2
Posted: 3/25/09 at 5:21pm
Thankyou so much for that that was very helpful! Thankyou!

Page: 1