Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (A lil bit!)

CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well, I awoke to a whole CM of snow, and with that, I found out my College is closed, this Country REALLY cant cope with snow! So, Anyone else's plans ruined because of weather? (whether this is good or bad!) Anyone planning on going to London tonight (As I dont really know how you will get there!)

But ultimately, have a FUN day in the snow!
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No school today, we got the worst of it down here in Kent!

I hear no buses are running in London today...and tubes are highly delayed! Baaaad times!
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Updated On: 2/2/09 at 03:07 AM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No trains, no buses, so just chill out, I wish the bastards have called me a black cab, been waiting here 2 hours for it to turn up though.
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
YAY :)
No school, so I wil be listening to my new cast recordings today :)!!
Have a fab time everyone x
singingadream
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I like that fact i was snowed into my own house!

I wonder if the regular day ticketers ventured out into the snow early this morning.
Sister George Profile PhotoSister George Profile Photo
Sister George
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I'm supposed to be going to a try-out tonight but guessing that will be cancelled.

So I've been for a hike across the local Rye (which looks like an open audition for Wham's Last Christmas video) in my wellies and I will now mainly be eating nostalgic carbs - Happy Days!

"I tend to think if god wanted us to believe in him, he'd exist" Linda Smith
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (A lil bit!)
I love the snow!

My neighbors -honestly!

I've been out wondering around the Winter Wonderland that is usually known as the Wonderfull West End.
Not much going on and I know that many shows will be dark tonight as casts and crews will be far from complete!
Dontcha just love this country!

Updated On: 2/2/09 at 06:26 AM
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
STAGE DOOR OF THE LONDON PALLADIUM -'The Sound Of Music'
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I did the whole snow thing last night. We went to watch the superbowl and do american things at our friends' house, and at about midnight went out into the square and played, it was so pretty =) Not so pretty when we had to walk home for an hour at 1! SO glad it's a snow day, I can get work done =)
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
According to a thread on WoS, a number of West End shows are canceling tonight including Gesthemene at the NT, La Boheme at the ENO, Wicked, Billy Elliot, and Mamma Mia. Make sure to call the ticketing agency and confirm that any planned shows for tonight are still up before heading out.

Thankfully tomorrow is supposed to be clear and some melt should be occurring. This is of personal interest in addition to a general desire for the capital's well-being, as a friend in Avenue Q is making her debut as cover tomorrow and a bunch of us from uni are going to lend our support.

Personally, I'm glad to be staying in tonight with some fine tea (Cherry Ember from Yumchaa,) some books, and mostly stable wifi.
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am devastated about La Boheme as I have been looking forwarding to watching the live Cinecast on Sky Arts 1 for MONTHS now, that has ruined my day!
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Joseph as well, In fact, I think almost every show has been pulled for tonight!

The only thing I know that is still running for DEFFINATE is Spring Awakening! (And It's Sold Out) But if you want to see it and live in London, head down there now as I'm guessing there will be ALOT of ticket returns!
Acaila
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Was the La Boheme thing on sky tonight? Heh, a friend who's working on it was telling me to watch it and I'd forgotten - I guess I'm off the hook!

Snow is not too bad here...everything is running as per normal
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
La Boheme is to be aired on Wednesdy now! Phew! But I'm afraid Acaila, that means you still have to watch this masterpiece!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I woke up to loads this morning, and it started snowing again at 10am, hasn't stopped since. All the tracks and footprints have disappeared again, it's mental!

all the Performing Arts lot from school went out to darland banks, which are a load of steep hills and stuff, and we went sledging :) i aven't done that since i was like 8!

looks like schools gonna be closed tomorrow as well, we're supposed to get another load tonight, good old snow :)
Paul W. Thompson Profile PhotoPaul W. Thompson Profile Photo
Paul W. Thompson
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm in Chicago. How much snow fell in the West End? It must be bad for so many shows to cancel tonight. It is really really bad?

We haven't had a big blizzard here this year, but parts of Kentucky had a terrible ice storm last week, which in many ways is worse. Of course, we got two feet (24 inches) one January 2nd. So yeah, everything closed for about a week!
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/news/latest/view/item104221/Adverse-weather-update/
Ouch, that's a lot closed..
But day off tomorrow as well for me =D
Sister George Profile PhotoSister George Profile Photo
Sister George
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Ahh just had a fantastic unofficial bank holiday.

Been out with my housemates to the local cemetery which looked like a film set. So we made a Picasso style snow figure complete with odd breast and strange enormous phallus with which to amuse the local community.

Finally walked home and started an odds vs even street snowball fight with the complete strangers otherwise know as my neighbours. It was fantastic fun but fortunately stopped before anybody got out bunting, a trestle table and a piano.

the try-out I was meant to be going to was indeed cancelled so back to warmth, hot drinks and eating nostaglic carbs!
"I tend to think if god wanted us to believe in him, he'd exist" Linda Smith
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WOW stopped for a while, but is coming down thick and fast her in New Milton!

ALTHOUGH, I thought it was like this country wide, so how come there was no snow in Hollyoaks, we must ask them what there road and sky clearing secrets are!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it's called "we film our programme 3-6weeks in advanced so adverse weather conditions don't affect us at the same time they do you. although if you tune in in 3-6 weeks there will most certainly be snow in Hollyoaks village" re: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (A lil bit!) haha
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Programme, 3-6 weeks early?

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT!

Hollyoaks is a live Broadcast documentary! =D
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
awh CON...you really are a bit spezial aren't you... re: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (A lil bit!)
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Hollyoaks is a live Broadcast documentary! =D"

No, that's EastEnders - after all, everybody knows the East End doesn't have chain supermarkets, net cafes, or a sizable non-caucasian population.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would venture forth the opinion that anyone with any knowledge or care of what goes on with regards to Hollyoaks is, at the very least, a little special. But that's just me. re: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (A lil bit!)
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hehe I am a lil bit special yes! Ask ANY of my friends, infact, ask Musical-Matt, he has to put up with me! I MEAN I LOVED RENT REMIXED! I can hardly be normal! But anyway, America's Next Top Model is on in 20 minutes, so I need to prepare for the awsome-ness of that show!