Page: 1

Flashdance

Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Flashdance#1
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:21pm
the poor usa are getting the tour of flashdance ! i saw it at the mayflower and could have fallen asleep ! i feel sorry for the usa !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#2
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:34pm
i could not disagree more

I had the knives out for this show when it was announced and when it played in Manchester for a week where i worked i watched it every night and was very impressed.

I thought it was a slick energetic and well put together show, its new score was catchy (except 1 song) and the performances were impressive, its book was a bit weak but hey, that's Flashdance

The reviews were very positive and the audience response everynight at the Place was great.What got my attention as well was the audience types, young old, gay straight, theatre newbie or ardent theatre fans were all there and all seemed to enjoy the show.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#2
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:51pm
oh audience reaction at the mayflower was not so great ! sometimes just over half full sometimes ! i came out thinking what a waste of 3 hours of my life ! shoot me now ! sorry but i hope it stays in the usa cause i dont ever wanna see it again ! and i hope as there saying it dont get a west end transfer or the west end will be the place i wont be !
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#3
Posted: 12/1/08 at 12:56pm
well aren't you a love

It already has its west end transfer, and the tour is now playing ton attendance of 80 percent plus each night
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#4
Posted: 12/1/08 at 1:04pm
makes ya wanna cry really cause theatres are being take up by useless shows like this ! i would personally like to see der glocken von notre dame to be translated and open in west end or aida or tarzan i cant stand flashdance the musical or the film ! just annoys me so much
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#5
Posted: 12/1/08 at 1:17pm
but your picture is Priscilla which is a jukebox musical AND based on a film, and apparently has so much click track in it might as well be a CD lol
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#6
Posted: 12/1/08 at 1:23pm
well i do like der glocken von notre dame alot ! but didnt know that about priscilla ! thats a shame ! still wanna see it but the priscilla film is amazing flashdance does my head in !
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#7
Posted: 12/1/08 at 6:41pm
it's fair enough if you think that way Musical-Matt, but there are also a lot of people that really like this show. I suppose its not gonna be to everyones taste, but i'm personally looking foward to seeing this in the West End. I think that we just have to accept that at the moment, musicals are being based on films, because producers know it will sell. So we just need to hope they choose some good films, and handle them in a good way, which judging from clips and well informed reviews, Flashdance has dad a good transition.

And just to point out: der glocken von notre dame and Tarzan - both based on films and/or books...
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Flashdance#8
Posted: 12/4/08 at 4:50am
It looks better than I imagined. Not my kind of thing but still looks enjoyable. A friend is in the tour, if this gets a West End transfer where is it going to go? I might try to catch it, missed its Cardiff stop. I could imagine myself being alot more impressed than I expect to be as odd as that sounds...lol
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II