Page: 1

I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!

Clark_MD Profile PhotoClark_MD Profile Photo
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#1
Posted: 10/29/08 at 6:23pm
Well, after an audition on tuesday i decided an opportunity to hop along to Sarajevo (aka Eurobeat @ the novello) was too good to miss!! OMG am i pleased i went!!

I LOVE this show from the pre show projections getting the audience into the swing of the evenings events with clackers etc (i now own a beautiful pair of pink clackers lol)right down to the finale!

Thought Mel and Les were really good and in amongst all the corpsing you could really tell they were having a total blast (mel, however hysterical the woman is - she can't sing bless her but hey! she was still chuffing hilarious!)

Apart from being an adopted citizen of Russia (Bloody Typical) the evening shot by and i could have sat there all evening - the glitter, general campness, the fabulous ensemble..everything lol!!

The only downside (which isn't really a criticism) was the sound, and tho i know they were encouragin the audience to clap along and cheer i do feel they should have allowed a little more give in the volume department as some lines were being lost by the ecstatic audience (granted, i was a large part of the screams with my pink clacker and flag waving!)

Overall, a GREAT night in the theatre and although it was intentionally a limited run - its a shame this show is coming to a premature end!! GOD BLESS SARAJEVO!!!
10/10
x

The Artist Formally Known As 'Anon2'
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#2
Posted: 10/29/08 at 6:26pm
I saw it twice on the tour but never got a chance to see it in London.

I adored it. It was such fun, I hope the squeal comes this way soon.
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#2
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:10pm
I was waffling about spending the money, but gave in today and bought a ticket for the closing on Saturday night. You can still nab them for 20 + booking fee on the phone, and I'm hoping for lots of adlibs like a gleeful tweenie.
JamieHT
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#3
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:25pm
Yes! I'll be there on Saturday too! I've decided I'll be Italy! I've already bean Iceland in MK, and Hungary and Sweden in London, so this weekend it's between Greece and Italy, I reckon I'll plump for Italy. Although frankly I'd rather be Bosnia-Herzagovina and vote for Mel!!!!

ALTOGETHER NOW...

'Once upon a time, there was a turnip in a meadow...'
Once you start to spread it, Baby, if you let it, Love comes right on back to you . . .
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#4
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:38pm
Vondering, Vhere on earth it's Life may Lead....
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#5
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:41pm
I love her snort/ laugh and then she looks to see where it came from!
I wonder what the others were like, her from Corrie?
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#6
Posted: 10/29/08 at 7:47pm
hmm - i'm set in the 'mel way' now - i love her!!! her laugh reminded me of a ventriloquists dummy - her mouth was moving to a different time/speed to her laugh!!

I'm now looking at my eurobeat russian flag and clackers and thinking...."i wanna see this again" -
JamieHT
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#7
Posted: 10/31/08 at 8:57pm
Team BWWWEMB (re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!),
Today is the last performance of Eurobeat on the West End stage.

Come see the show on its last day and vote for HUNGARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
Once you start to spread it, Baby, if you let it, Love comes right on back to you . . .
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#8
Posted: 11/1/08 at 7:11am
Hungary?

No way, let's send this one off on a wistful tone and VOTE IRELAND!!!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#9
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:06am
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!

'Holen sie zuruck Katie Boyle!'

Such a shame that this great little show has had such a bum ride in the West End being barely open a few weeks before being given premature notice.
Very few people seem to have anything bad to say about it and audiences every night, though they may be a little thin, are loving it.

'Dank u voor stemmende kijkers, mensen van Holland'
'Gracias por espectadores de votacion, poblacion de Espana'
'Merci du visualisateurs de vote, peuple de la France'
'Danke fur wahlenprojektoren, leute von Deutschland'
'Grazie per i visori di voto, la gente dell'Italia'

Updated On: 11/1/08 at 08:06 AM
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#10
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:14pm
when i saw it - the novello was practically full and i thought to myself what a great shame its closing prematurely...yet never forget (which is as welcome as a crack in a glass eye IMO) lives on!!!

Alahiminet Sarajevo!! Drago mi je!
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#11
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:20pm
well..lives on for another 15days :P
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#12
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:24pm
HURRAH!!!! You've no idea how tempted i am to attend the last night and heckle! I vote a 'BWW Westenders' Trip Out
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#13
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:31pm
:O Clark..dont be mean!! Its not a half bad show..! and everyone knows the BWW Westend Board outing is to Phantom 2 :p
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#14
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:34pm
any show tht uses smiffy wigs deserves to be hoisted - even kenwright don't use smiffy's.. BKL wig budget practically makes up the shows entire budget lol!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#15
Posted: 11/1/08 at 8:37pm
oh the devil girl wigs...they are pretty shoddy..but i think thats the look they were going for..the cheap 90's battle of the boybands theme :P
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#16
Posted: 11/1/08 at 9:15pm
What an insane time at the theatre. The audience went crazy after every major line, to the point that the show ran a good 15 minutes over its standard length. Great lines about Iceland, Andrew Sachs, and the credit crunch affecting the BBC. Nabbed a programme for a pound after, so added bonus there.

And Russia won both the matinee (they had the afternoon's scores still up when they flipped over to the screen for the first time) and the evening. Alas.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#17
Posted: 11/2/08 at 1:00am
I'm glad the show had a blast on its final performances! Really liked the show and hope a DVD of the show will be released!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
JamieHT
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#18
Posted: 11/2/08 at 7:12am
It really was a great night. I got a free signed poster after the show, they were giving them away with the CDs (which I got when I saw it in Milton Keynes), so I pleaded (pled???) with the man and showed him my badges from all my trips and he gave me one. YAY!

Anyway, there was a camera in the audience at points throughout the evening, but I don't think they were filming the show, just the audience reaction. I guess it'll be on the website at some point. I would love a DVD of it, the interactivitiness could be great!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#19
Posted: 11/2/08 at 1:55pm
I was working in London this week and went to see it on Thursday (the same night I would have seen SADM2's Breakfast club if I'd been up North) and Russia won on Thursday as well!

Does Russia ever not win?

Something to do with the guys' costumes perhaps?

It was good fun and witty but a show you needed to see as a group (why don't we ever manage to get an outing organised?) and not as a knackered-after-work-still-wearing-a-suit individual. I'd agree with all that has been said about Mel but she could get away with not singing since her character was not meant to be a professional. Although I was given a Poland badge I didn't feel like supporting their song since it was rather obvious; I actually I preferred Germany (Nepotism) and Iceland (Love Ballad #3a). I also managed to resist the frequent and weighty attempts to persuade me to buy the blinkers, clackers,and flags.

I'm not a major fan of the Eurovision Song Contest but wanted to see this because it was a piss-take. However, after it was all over, I didn't feel the satire was any sharper than some of the actual entries on the song contest itself.
JamieHT
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#20
Posted: 11/2/08 at 6:01pm
Russia definitely wins most often (I saw it 4 times and they won each time). Poland wins occasionally I think, and the UK and Greece have both won once (I think, I know the UK has, but not completely sure about Greece).
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#21
Posted: 11/2/08 at 6:10pm
Estonia (now Poland) won both times I saw the show on tour.

discompobilated
Swing
Swing
re: I'm Sarajevo!....Taste Me!#22
Posted: 11/2/08 at 8:56pm
as a sparkly hat wearing, clacker clacking, flag waving usher at this show i am sad to see it go, but looking forward to never hearing clackers again!
for ya info russia won most of the time, poland about 10, ireland about 4, greece twice, uk once.
hungary sadly never....
xx

Page: 1