Britannia Low

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Britannia Low#1
Posted: 10/29/08 at 9:20am
Britannia Low

It looks like ITV have on the war for lowest ratings with this new 8 part series.
Has anyone actually seen this? 2.5M reported and falling fast.
It has music by Gary Barlow and is scripted by a number of writers of ITVs biggest ratings winner, 'Coronation Street'

Trekkie Monster Profile PhotoTrekkie Monster Profile Photo
Trekkie Monster
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Britannia Low#2
Posted: 10/29/08 at 10:13am
It was 3.3m (still low) and we don't know if it's falling fast as there has only been one episode.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a133750/britannia-high-draws-just-33m.html
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Britannia Low#2
Posted: 10/29/08 at 10:26am
Yeah how can it be falling fast after one episode?! However I did see it and it is utter crap
Owen Mc Colgan
Swing
Swing
re: Britannia Low#3
Posted: 10/29/08 at 10:27am
I thought that It was actually ok and will attract teen viewers. Its like a modern version of fame.
Ratings where low and they deserved better.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Britannia Low#4
Posted: 10/29/08 at 10:29am
I've only written what I've read elsewhere. ITV are already admitting that they have a turkey on their hands.
Trekkie Monster Profile PhotoTrekkie Monster Profile Photo
Trekkie Monster
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Britannia Low#5
Posted: 10/29/08 at 10:49am
I thought it was ok.

Easy viewing for a Sunday evening but I wouldn't worry if I missed it.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Britannia Low#6
Posted: 10/29/08 at 10:55am
I liked it, watched online - with all the backstage stuff before sunday.
Preferred skys hairspray school though.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Britannia Low#7
Posted: 10/29/08 at 11:54am
Its like a modern version of fame.

And that's pretty much the reason I couldn't even make it to the end of the first episode. That and my natural intolerence of performing children re: Britannia Low

But I agree that it should do well with a tween crowd - they're the one's who have propelled the god-awful High School Musical to number one in the cinema , so I'm bit surprised that this hasn't caught on in the same way...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Britannia Low#8
Posted: 10/29/08 at 12:04pm
In my view HSM is better written and more enjoyable than BH. Arlene Philips has said that BH isnt for the young kids that like HSM because BH is going to be more adult...apparantely, so im not sure who they are aiming it for. I also thought its time slot seemed a bit odd. The script was awful and so was some of the acting.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Britannia Low#9
Posted: 10/29/08 at 12:04pm
In my view HSM is better written and more enjoyable than BH. Arlene Philips has said that BH isnt for the young kids that like HSM because BH is going to be more adult...apparantely, so im not sure who they are aiming it for. I also thought its time slot seemed a bit odd. The script was awful and so was some of the acting.
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Britannia Low#10
Posted: 10/29/08 at 12:14pm
I did wonder at what audience they thought they were going to attract - it's closer to a childrens show like The Sarah Jane Adventures which is considered successful even if it gets less than 1.0 million viewers, but ITV have seem to have pitched this at 'family viewing' which puts it in the league of Dr Who, Strictly Come Dancing, Merlin et al, against which it could never compete...

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."