Page: 1

Heads have rolled!

devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Heads have rolled!#1
Posted: 8/28/08 at 10:40am
Jon Morgan has resigned as chief exec of the Edinburgh Fringe. Following the ticketing fiasco and drop in sales, hardly a surprise, though he claims his departure is not connected...
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Heads have rolled!#2
Posted: 8/28/08 at 10:45am
I was just gonna thread this story but though nobody on here would be interested! This sounds very fishy? So they ****ed up some tickets but was it that bad to resign over?

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Heads have rolled!#2
Posted: 8/28/08 at 12:42pm
Hmmm it does sound fishy
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Heads have rolled!#3
Posted: 8/29/08 at 8:16am
The administration of the Fringe was so poor that it made the national newspapers this year. In venues all over the city almost everyone I met had stories of difficulties in buying tickets from the main Fringe hub. The 10% drop in ticket sales must to some extent be a result.

It was inevitable someone would have to answer for the cock-up. I understand the IT company which supplied the new box office system has now gone into liquidation. To me, it sounds like it was all done on the cheap and backfired.

Most unforgivable is the fact that there are 9 months of the year when the box office is not open for business, so there should have been plenty of time to switch sytems and test fully before the Fringe opened for business this year.

Sure, the impact on the West End is negligible, but shows do still transfer in from Edinburgh occasionally.