Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
http://www.greygardensthemusical.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thats an old web site from early 2007! Arn't you the one who spams up the Broadway board??? The one with six or seven personalities!!!
Kindly stay there OK!
**guys dont feed this guy posts -just leave him go away**
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 6/14/08 at 07:02 PM
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Who wants to see Grey Gardens?
It has like a non-existent
UK fanbase, and no appeal to
a non-musical-going audience
For example, Wedding Singer's
appeal is the original movie,
Marguerite's appeal is
Boublil and Schonberg,
Lion King's appeal is Disney,
Wicked's appeal is Wicked,
Grey Gardens's appeal is nothing!
I can't say it's a bad show,
as I haven't seen it, however
it just seems to have no appeal.
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
luke-h: that is so much marketing analysis - I live with that stuff at the office and come here for creative thinking. You can't put me into any of those boxes.
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
WickedBoy, your last remark
makes musicaltheatrefan3
sound like some sort of
rodent that we West Enders
shouldn't feed lest we
want it to stay on our board!

Quick WickedBoy! You get the
Rat A-Way, I'll get the carry-cage!
Now who shall we make pay
the price to FedEx musicaltheatrefan3
back to the Broadway board?
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
scripps2 is your comment
a compliment to my marketing analysis?
I'm not sure what you mean by
You Can't put me into any of those boxes
did I do wrong or right analysis-ing?

Also now that you're here you
may as well pay the FedEx price, lol!
Updated On: 6/14/08 at 07:19 PM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Let the games commence then!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aww don't be mean, hes the one i stuck up for when everyone and their mother was attacking him x
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What I'm saying is there's a place for marketing analysis but the West End shouldn't be restricted by it. If it was we'd never have seen Parade or Caroline or Change, and they are both worthy projects.

I'm going to see Marguerite, not because I fit into the Boublil & Schoenberg marketing shoebox or because I fit into the Ruthie fan marketing shoebox, but because I'm not getting my diet of Sondheim shows this year and Marguerite seems a good substitute. I would be intersted in Grey Gardens for similar reasons.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I myself am going to see 'Marguerite' because I support properly-new musicals, and for no other reason.

Really, the reasons I go see shows are terribly varied, and I don't think any of us can be neatly shoe-boxed. I went to see two plays yesterday; one because it was cheap, and one solely because I liked the posters on the underground. Sometimes I go because I like the star or the playwright/composer, but it's rarely that easy. :3
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Of course musical theatre fans
would go and see Grey Gardens,
however can a show really survive off
those who love musical theatre?
Drowsy Chaperone taught us no,
shows like Grey Gardens ad Drowsy
don't appeal to a non-musical going
audience, when something like
Billy Elliot or Hairspray or Joseph might.

That's just what I see happening,
I could be completely wrong,
and it might be the biggest hit
since Wicked if it comes over,
and outrun Les Miserables.
Stranger things have happened,
for example a musical of a
Stephen King book, or the very idea
of letting Darius Danesh grace the
London stage with his awfulness.
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did you see 'Gone With The Wind' or any other relevant show? I actually think Darius is rather good with the potential for greatness. I'll certainly be interested in seeing him in a show again, even if that does lump me in with a certain subset of middle-aged women. It better be something half-decent next time though...

Updated On: 6/15/08 at 04:26 PM
vmlinnie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have to applaud Weez for the 'properly new musicals' comment. Really.

Someone please email that post to Andrew Lloyd Webber and some other Producers now, please!
The rain we knew is a thing of the past -
deep-delving, dark, deliberate you would say
browsing on spire and bogland; but today
our sky-blue slates are steaming in the sun,
our yachts tinkling and dancing in the bay
like racehorses. We contemplate at last
shining windows, a future forbidden to no one.

Derek Mahon

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

Arthur Miller
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
As with other posters, I'm always pleased to see new shows come across the pond rather than a string of revivals or juke box shows - and it's a good thing that a London audience will get to see Grey Gardens. But I have to say that when I saw it Off Broadway I was totally underwhelmed by the show. The show I would really love to see get across to London is The Light In the Piazza.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Maybe if we get enough people to chain themselves to the National, Piazza can get the London run it deserves. It would go so beautifully in the Olivier. Not that they'd ever put it in there. :/
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"Maybe if we get enough people to chain themselves to the National, Piazza can get the London run it deserves."

I'd rather the National find a good Black British actress and revive "Caroline, or Change" or (gasp) commission a new British work - after all, that's what they're subsidised to present.

Piazza bored the hell out of me, and the speculation is that had it not been produced by a non-profit, Piazza's run would have been far shorter than it was.

Of course, I didn't like Grey Gardens either.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I found Piazza to be dull dull dull

I did however really enjoy Grey Gardens
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"I'd rather the National find a good Black British actress and revive "Caroline, or Change" or (gasp) commission a new British work - after all, that's what they're subsidised to present."

Revive Caroline Or Change - please no. That was quite possibly the most painfully awful night I've spent at a theatre in over 40 years while The Light In the Piazza was one of the most enjoyable and moving nights I've ever spent in a theatre. But, again, I recognise each person's taste is different.

As for commissioning a new British work, that WOULD be a great step. Or even stage one of the many new shows by British writers that are already written and desperately seeking finance for a production. Believe me, there are new British shows out there - but producers would prefer to invest in juke box musicals with dreadful but popular pop scores by has been boy bands. lol

THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 6/18/08 at 07:59 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It would be great to get some new british musicals
madlibrarian
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The British have an appreciation for eccentrics. Therefore, Grey Gardens could be much more successful in London than it was in New York. Good luck, Grey Gardens.
AngusN
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
They must bring Christine with them, her performance was terrific. Unparalleled!