Page: 1

Mayflower - Summer

lamigon1992
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Mayflower - Summer#1
Posted: 5/24/08 at 1:02pm
Hi, as some of you will know, the mayflower has no big summer show this year, but lots of little ones, BUT i've noticed that right in the middle of August (A prime slot with summer holidays) there is a 10 day gap, does anyone know what will fill this, as i doubt the theatre would want to see it empty for so long in the middle of the busiest times of year?
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mayflower - Summer#2
Posted: 5/24/08 at 1:30pm
Surprisingly, a lot of theatres take the hot Summer months to do lot of essential maintenance, work that is either done just after panto or in Summer. This may be the case...or you my get the sudden announcement of new show soon.

**EDIT**
If you look a little closer to the Mayflowers schedule, you'll see a lot more empty empty weeks than you mention!!
July 7-12
July 28-Aug 2
Aug 18-23
Aug 29-30
Sep 1-6
Sep 8-13

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 5/24/08 at 01:30 PM
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mayflower - Summer#2
Posted: 5/24/08 at 1:58pm
I work at the Palace in Manchester and our year is very quiet as well.Not much is touring this year so a lot of the regional theatres are a bit on the anemic side.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mayflower - Summer#3
Posted: 5/24/08 at 2:00pm
Oh yeah and wickedboy is right, the theatres tend to go dark for a bit in the summer (we are closed for most of august).Its time to sort out maintenance issues
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mayflower - Summer#4
Posted: 5/24/08 at 2:04pm
and put sound proofing in for Jane McDonald!!!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Mayflower - Summer#5
Posted: 5/24/08 at 2:38pm
*sobs*