Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#1
Posted: 4/12/08 at 8:34pm
...and Heather gets it the leg!
First it was Britney Spears then the lyrics were changed to include the shows Tony Award win. The last target was Posh Spice, now it has reviewed its lyrics once more.....
'My life is a mess,
I have constant PMS,
Im taking far too many pills.
They say i'm acting strange and if i don't change my ways soon,
Im going to be replaced by Heather Mills'
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 4/12/08 at 08:34 PM
winston89 Profile Photowinston89 Profile Photo
winston89
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#2
Posted: 4/13/08 at 1:24am
On Broadway there is and so far has been only one lyric change. And that was to include the show winning the Tonys.

The original lyric was

I've no grammys no rewards I've no Tony awards.

The show won the Grammy for best cast album and it won the Tony Award for best musical as well as a couple of others.
"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#2
Posted: 4/13/08 at 2:21am
I am talking about the London production on the West End board. I didnt place this on the Broadway board for that reason.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#3
Posted: 4/13/08 at 5:21pm
I am almost certain that Britney Spears was taken out of all productions, including Broadway.

I saw We Will Rock You yesterday and Britney has been axed from that too, Still listed in the programme but now called Victoria Beckham
legally_wicked
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#4
Posted: 4/13/08 at 6:35pm
When I saw WWRY, Britney was called Paris Hilton haha.
CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#5
Posted: 4/14/08 at 4:13am
It might be in a different verse, but I'm sure lately it has been something to do with Elaine Paige? I saw it a week before Peter left and im certain it was something to do with her!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#6
Posted: 4/18/08 at 3:12pm
Something like
"My love life is a mess
I've got constant PMS
My career is about as hot as ice

They hate me there backstage
They say I'm Worse than Elaine Paige
They're trying to replace me with Posh Spice

With Posh Spice!!"

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#7
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:00pm
I dont know what order these two rewrites have appeared in the show BUT i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that Elaine Paige one! lol

CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#8
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:32pm
I know, brilliant line, when I saw it I was with a group of people who aren't genral theatre goers and I laughed my head off at that line, and after they just said, "who's Elaine Paige???"
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Latest 'Spamalot' Lyric Change.#9
Posted: 4/18/08 at 4:38pm
'Who's Elaine Paige?'
Excactly- even funnier!