Page: 1

BAFTA question !

Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
BAFTA question !#1
Posted: 2/11/08 at 2:41pm
Can anybody tell me in which theatre the BAFTA ceremony took place yesterday evening???
Thx !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BAFTA question !#2
Posted: 2/11/08 at 2:48pm
re: BAFTA question !

The Royal Opera House Covent Garden.
Its usually held at the Odeon Leicester Sq but they felt that it was getting to small!
They wanted to make more of the red carpet treatment and they arranged to close Bow St for the evening. The Opera House is a stunning place to hold a ceremony like the BAFTAs.

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 2/11/08 at 02:48 PM
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: BAFTA question !#2
Posted: 2/12/08 at 6:10am
But God wasn't it dull, as always.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BAFTA question !#3
Posted: 2/12/08 at 6:37am
...and its gets soooo much air time! THey really are pushing it to be like the Oscars. Thank god for Chita that night!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 2/12/08 at 06:37 AM
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: BAFTA question !#4
Posted: 2/12/08 at 4:37pm
Thank you wickedBoy...

I saw excerpts (since Marion Cotillard got the Best Actress award) on French TV and I thought that the place was too huge to be a "regular" theatre but couldn't name the spot !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BAFTA question !#5
Posted: 2/12/08 at 4:41pm

It is a little grander than the Odeon yes

WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: BAFTA question !#6
Posted: 2/12/08 at 4:44pm

The rather ugly Odeon Leicester Sq