Page: 1

Fav. Child actors

CHGriffiths Profile PhotoCHGriffiths Profile Photo
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Fav. Child actors#1
Posted: 7/3/07 at 5:24pm
I was thinking when listening to my Mary Poppins soundtrack earlier today, there are so many extremely talented child actors in musicals out there and they never get there chance in the spotlight, so which are your favourites, by child i mean people who have played roles like, Gavroche in Les Miserables etc. you know about 10 - 16 ish!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Fav. Child actors#2
Posted: 7/3/07 at 5:35pm
P.S. this aint some sort of pedifilic thing or anything, I just know a child actor who made it quite big in the west end, and I think they just dont get enough recognition!
"If you talk about my family I will punch you in the fanny so hard it'll end up on your face... oh, looks like someone beat me to it!" - Dawn French
Anon2 Profile PhotoAnon2 Profile Photo
Anon2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Fav. Child actors#2
Posted: 7/3/07 at 6:03pm
Adam Searles was pretty good as gavroche & Dodger
**You Can't Beat A Matcham!**
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Fav. Child actors#3
Posted: 7/3/07 at 6:06pm
I was just thinking how they don't get the recognition. I just saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this evening and Jeremy and Jemima were brilliant, but I don't really know who they were - there was no cast list board that i could see and no announcement. The other children didn't even get their names in the programme. I don't know the names of the children I have seen (mainly due to the above) but they are all great.
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Fav. Child actors#4
Posted: 7/3/07 at 6:10pm
See the boy i know is called Jonny Weldon, he has played Gavroche in Les Mis, he was Noah in Caroline or change amd he was in, mary poppins i think, but it may have been Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, see even I dont know! But if I went to a regular West Ender and said, who's Jonny Weldon, they wouldn't have a clue! So why not! Most adults actors in West End started out as child stars, so why not start them in the fast life with the fame and publicity then!
CHGriffiths
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Fav. Child actors#6
Posted: 7/3/07 at 6:34pm
But you are completely right, there are so many people who deserve credit and cant get it, its terrible!
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fav. Child actors#7
Posted: 7/4/07 at 6:42am
dunno his name but the kid i saw as michael in mary poppins was awesome, the one from the CD. He was very good, as are adam searles and gregory bradley (oliver and dodger)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
murron Profile Photomurron Profile Photo
murron
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Fav. Child actors#8
Posted: 7/4/07 at 9:45am
luke-h***: Harry Stott
algy Profile Photoalgy Profile Photo
algy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Fav. Child actors#9
Posted: 7/4/07 at 9:51am
If you see Stex on a Saturday mat you may well get an understudy Electra - Mykal Rand is also the resident director and was sat out when I went to the Sat mat in Manchester to watch the show in action.
Dre2387 Profile PhotoDre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fav. Child actors#11
Posted: 10/23/07 at 12:15am
hey, did any of you see Jenny Huxley-Golden in the West End? she was Young Cosette for a little bit, then Jane Banks in Marry Poppins. She's not in it now though.
<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~