Page: 1

Little Shop or Cabaret???

adrian55 Profile Photoadrian55 Profile Photo
adrian55
Understudy
Understudy
Little Shop or Cabaret???#1
Posted: 5/14/07 at 2:33pm
Ok, so i'm going to London in August and (surprisingly) there is not much to see on a wed. mat. The two that sound the most interesting are Cabaret and Little Shop Of Horrors (even though it feels like I just saw both.)Which would you choose?

Also, any other suggestions for london shows are welcome. I'm seeing Lord of the Rings and Boeing-Boeing so far. Thanks.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#2
Posted: 5/14/07 at 2:58pm
Depends what you like, but if it's between Cabaret and Little Shop Of Horrors, defo the latter! I personally thought this production of Cabaret is horrid! (and Cabaret's like my fav. show!)

Others:
Avenue Q
Mary Poppins w/ Gavin Creel from Broadway
Mamma Mia w/ West End First Lady Linzi Hateley!
I'm not sure whether it's still on when you're there, but Into The Woods wud be another gd choice ~

I haven't seen Drowsy yet, but Elaine Paige is in it... so maybe another choice?
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#2
Posted: 5/14/07 at 4:03pm
I haven't seen Cabaret but can't praise Little Shop of Horrors enough.
I have seen it twice and it was amazing both times, every performer gave 110% and Sheridan Smith as Audrey was amazing, she didn't just copy Ellen Greene but really added to the role.
It really is a fun show.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#3
Posted: 5/14/07 at 5:10pm
I havent seen Little Shop but Cabaret is fantastic, very different to anything else thats on. One of the highlights of last year for me. The new cast are meant to be good as well. If you want something dark, dirty, gritty and different this is for you!
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#4
Posted: 5/14/07 at 5:22pm
both good. but little shop defiantly in terms of all round entertainment. come see lord of the rings though! :)
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#5
Posted: 5/14/07 at 6:26pm
Although "Cabaret" is one of the all-time great pieces of musical theatre, the current production is utterly dreadful, a travesty in my opinion of Hal Prince's original vision of the show. So, probably Little Shop is a better option between these two productions.

As for other West End shows - Billy Elliot is an absolute "must see". Along with "Avenue Q", it's the best show in the West End.

"The Sound of Music" has a Wednesday matinee btw - and, although "TSOM" is not in itself a better show than "Cabaret", the production at the Palladium is outstanding. So, better to see a great production of an okay show than an awful production of a great show.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
simon_wilkie
Understudy
Understudy
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#6
Posted: 5/14/07 at 7:06pm
If you haven't seen Wicked or Spamalot yet go and see those- they are amazing!

Personally although I haven't seen either LSOH or Cabaret I'd plum for LSOH, but only because its so kitsch and cool!

The other option is going to see The Drowsy Chaperone with the greatest musical theatre actress since Merman in the title role!

Simon
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#7
Posted: 5/15/07 at 10:09am
Sheila Ferguson is in The Drowsy Chaperone?

re: Little Shop or Cabaret???

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#8
Posted: 5/15/07 at 2:53pm
The other option is going to see The Drowsy Chaperone with the greatest musical theatre actress since Merman in the title role!

Sheila Ferguson is in The Drowsy Chaperone?

LOL Right, similarly - I didn't realise that Bernadette Peters was coming over to do the Drowsy Chaperone!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop or Cabaret???#9
Posted: 5/15/07 at 5:43pm
Silly people, I'm not in Drowsy. ^_^

Yet. *cackles*

Um, I prefer Cabaret to Little Shop, but you shouldn't use me as a measuring post for fairness, 'cos I have issues. :3 I did very much enjoy Cabaret and would want to see it again if I but had the time and money. :3