Page: 1

Repeat visits

NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Repeat visits#0
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:54am
Just wondering what shows and why you see/seen over and over. Find it interesting that some shows get amazing reviews and strong word of mouth but dotn turn into mega long runners. For example The Producers, will have done just over 2 years in London, good run but it couldnt hold an audience in the same way say Miss Saigon did in the same theatre for years.

Mine are

Les Miserables - make a annual visit to it. Its a unique piece and has a strong emotional impact for a musical. The staging is brilliant and the music beautiful. Seen it 5 times.

Mamma Mia - it makes me happy! what else do I need. I know if I go and see that show i will have a guaranteed good time and come out on a high. Seen it 3 times.

Phantom - My last visit was a disappointment but still on the whole its a blockbuster show. Seen it 4 times.

Avenue Q - Seen it once but by god ill be seeing it again. Its hysterical and quite relevant to life in your 20s I found.
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Repeat visits#1
Posted: 10/31/06 at 9:24am
Bat boy, saw it the first time on my own but went three more times after dragging my frinds with me! (they loved it as well)

thats actualy the only show iv seen more then once...i guess down to the price of tickets and the amount of new shows the past few years not to mention taking time out of rehearsals and work, i wona see more of Billy, Q and Wicked but at least iv seen them all at least once!
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Repeat visits#2
Posted: 10/31/06 at 12:19pm
Well i saw Avenue Q last week on tuesday and loved it so much i saw it again on the thursday night. I knew id probably not be in London for another year so i just had to see it again.

Also, whever Blood brothers comes up to Sunderland i end up seeing it.
woodyb
Swing
Swing
re: Repeat visits#3
Posted: 10/31/06 at 3:55pm
mine are:

mamma mia - with u on that ns love it. so much fun and happiness!

Follies - saw that twice when i was 18 and worked saturday. got the train down from birmingham. first time saw julia mckenzie and diana rigg. second time saw julia mckenzie and an understudy plus eartha kitt who was amazing.

les miz - total i think coming close to 35 in london plus broadway, birmingham and manchester.

phantom - have seen it about roughly 20 times in london plus on broadway and manchester.

Blood Brothers - seen that about 20 times. saw the original cast on broadway same time i saw phantom and miss saigon in the standing area - about 12 years ago. saw stephanie lawrence and con o'neil and got a playbill with their autographs at the end. saw it in birmingham on 21/10 and still a massive standing ovation at the end.
best there though saw kiki dee and con'oneil in the tour before it came to london in 88. was in wolverhampton and had massive standing ovation.

wicked - going again in january

lion king - me and my ex saw it 4 times, took my dad for his 70th birthday his second time. saw it on broadway at the new amsterdam at thanksgiving 2000 - worst seats i had there and the highest price! just the best theatre has to offer.

thats mine.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Repeat visits#4
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:53pm
Lion King
Rent
Footloose
Wicked
Mama Mia
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
david_rhysuk Profile Photodavid_rhysuk Profile Photo
david_rhysuk
Understudy
Understudy
re: Repeat visits#5
Posted: 10/31/06 at 4:56pm
miss saigon
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Repeat visits#6
Posted: 11/1/06 at 8:50am
Mary Poppins - sensational show but mostly repeat visits to see the wonderful Scarlett!!

Wicked - wonderful, going again in December and hopefully in the New Year to see Kerry's Elphaba.

Avenue Q - hilarious and fab cast, always puts a smile on my face.
Claire2141 Profile PhotoClaire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Repeat visits#7
Posted: 11/1/06 at 11:16am
I've seen -

Les Mis - 7 times

Blood Brothers - Twice

Wicked - 3 times but have booked in for another 2 and planning to go next month and again when Kerry's in....sooooo if I get my way I'll have seen it 6 times before Idina leaves and then again after that.

Lion King - Twice

Chicago - Twice (don't know why, I don't like it that much)

benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Repeat visits#8
Posted: 11/1/06 at 1:19pm
Beauty and the Beast - 2 times
Starlight- 2 times
Cats - twice
Les Mis - once but going again very soon!!
JeaniusIsMe Profile PhotoJeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Repeat visits#9
Posted: 11/2/06 at 12:37pm
I've seen Les Mis 3 times- I just love the story and the music, simple as that. And when there's a strong Valjean and Javert, it's truly magical.

And, after tonight, I'll have seen Wicked 8 times (2 NYC, 2 US Tour, 2 Chicago, 2 London). I really don't know why I've seen it so many times. I got swept up in it right after it opened three years ago and just keep seeing different casts just to compare and contrast. I guess it's a matter of always being nearby a production (whether here or back home).
Marcus3 Profile PhotoMarcus3 Profile Photo
Marcus3
Swing
Swing
re: Repeat visits#10
Posted: 11/2/06 at 2:46pm
I have seen Les Mis about 3 times. Just becuase I thought it was so moving and interesting.

Seen Blood Brothers 3 times (not by choice! First time I loved it but the second and third (gcse drama!!) wasn't all that enjoyable)

Avenue Q, Twice, so amazing and original

Wicked, 3 times, already got tickets for the 4th what can I say!

Lion King, twice, quite a cool musical very different from the movie
zerodanny Profile Photozerodanny Profile Photo
zerodanny
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Repeat visits#11
Posted: 11/2/06 at 8:43pm
Mary Poppins 4 times

Blood Brothers 9 times

Acorn Antiques(Haymarket) 2 times

Phantom of the opera 2 times.
**Anything Can Happen If You Let It** SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS
Musical_Fan_Vix
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Repeat visits#12
Posted: 11/3/06 at 2:17am
I've seen....

Saturday Night Fever - (ummm) 72 times!! Please don't ask

Footloose - 15 at the moment, but 19 by the time it closes next week

We Will Rock You - 3

Rocky Horror - 3

My Fair Lady - 2

Cats - 2

Chicago - 2

Movin Out - 2

the rest are all once...

Lion King, Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Starlight Express, Love Shack, Guys and Dolls, Evita
Sant
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Repeat visits#13
Posted: 11/3/06 at 11:05am
CHICAGO - probably my favorite show ever!! It's just a perfect blend of everything a brilliant show needs. Perfect score, astonishing choreography and so well written characters and a great book.

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - one of my favorite shows ever. Great music, great sets and great story.

AVENUE Q - this has become one of my favorite shows now. It has so much heart! And it's just so damn funny!! A real feel-good show.

WICKED - I happen to like this show. Sure it has its flaws, which show doesn't, but I like it.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Repeat visits#14
Posted: 11/3/06 at 2:17pm
Chicago (re: Repeat visits - my fav. show but it's had some DARK times... but last I saw it with Bonnie & Natalie it was in GREAT shape!

Billy Elliot (7) - how can one stop? Every Billy gives different things and I just wanna watch each one again!

Mary Poppins (4) - one of the best shows and the new cast's leads are better than the original in my opinion

The Producers (2) - 1st preview, 1st cast: AMAZING! 2nd cast: Dull & boring!

Mamma Mia World Tour in Hong Kong (3) - the cast is just SO energetic and friendly I HAD to watch it again and again! And the finale megamix was just FUN!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings