FOOTLOOSE

benandbon
Swing
Swing
FOOTLOOSE#0
Posted: 7/8/06 at 8:26pm
we have been to see footloose this evening and i only have one thing to say..........FANTASTIC..........
this is by far the best show i have seen i absolutely loved it. even my rugby loving i hate everything else other half thought it was great.

i thought hollie and darrien were fantsatic hollie looked like she was born to be in theatre and the i need a hero medley was brilliant. well done you west end artist although i dont know which one you were...

so good we have booked more tickets to come back in september...

how any one can say this isnt good i dont know.

love loads

laura
crawfily
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#1
Posted: 7/9/06 at 7:30am
i totally agree with you! footloose was amazing and derek hough's dancing was fantastic!
ive bought tickets to go see it again in august!!!!!
west end artist1 Profile Photowest end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#2
Posted: 7/9/06 at 8:04pm
thanks very much wow you guys loved it thats great.Well hopefully the show will be around awhile(since i have just given up another show to stay with footloose).

Derek is fantastic and deserves all the praise he gets (hes a great guy to)hes contracted till october so you will get to see him again

lol
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: FOOTLOOSE#3
Posted: 7/10/06 at 5:35am
Does that mean you'll no longer be Dancing Dirtily come October?

Love Footloose btw, but my god, those David Essex fans let their presence be felt dont they! lol

I also noticed the rev has a solo segment in the finale which paul didnt have before.
benandbon
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#4
Posted: 7/10/06 at 3:08pm
there were loads of aging women carrying red roses bless them... though he was to busy to stop and talk to them. but i suppose you all get a bit fed up being hounded. i thought the dance moves in the show were fantastic especialy the line dance it gets bloody fast. so are you a main part in the show?...
or is that giving away too much? lol,

how did hollie and darriens last night go? all the cast looked like they really got on with them...
Leading Lady
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#5
Posted: 7/10/06 at 3:40pm
I went to see this show last week and thought it was amazing!
I thought that Ren and Willard were particularly good and the dancing from the whole cast was the best standard which i have seen in a west end musical.
I thought Hollie and Darrien fitted in really well with everyone else too.
My favourite bits were the Hero bit and the linedance

I'm definitely coming back to see this again!
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#6
Posted: 7/10/06 at 7:10pm
yeaaaaaaaaaah im so glad your loving it ,please tell the americans its great as they think its awfull(coz there broadway version stank it was all illuminous pinks and greens yuk)

H and D did amazing and it was sad to see them go they def bought a great energy with them and we all wish them all the best.

Hero is one of my faves to and the linedance is great but exhausting and painfull.David Essex does have his fans yes haha but he is a nice guy and has put the ticket sales through the roof!!
The extra bit that david has is very similar to what broadway had in the song i confess (what was all but cut from our version)but im glad thats its partly back in as its a nice moment.

And no im not a lead im in the ensemble FOR NOW hahahaha(that derek better watch his back haha,love him really even if he cant handle his drink hehe)

and no im not going with dirty dancing ive decided to stay with footloose(DD script put me off hehe)
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: FOOTLOOSE#7
Posted: 7/11/06 at 4:58am
Good choice- Dirty Dancing isnt even a musical- the vast majority of it is pre-recorded music, with a live band playing a few songs and some incidental music, there are 78 scene changes (shows what an appalling adaptation of the film it is- if indeed its an adaptation at all and not just the film script on stage) and Johnny and Baby never sing anything together. I almost booked for it yesterday, then I found out all that- Id love to see a proper musicalisation of the film, but that is not what this incoming production is.
crawfily
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#8
Posted: 7/11/06 at 5:23am
wow! my favourite song was "i can't stand still" and the line dancing was amazing! how on earth did they keep up with that, you've got to be 100% physically fit i bet!

it was so lively and energetic! the whole cast certainly gave 210%. it was such a great night out, the best birthday pressie ever!

lily
benandbon
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#9
Posted: 7/11/06 at 6:26am
do you wear an american football outfit at any point during the show?????????

xxx
Agnete
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#10
Posted: 7/11/06 at 8:13am
I saw Footloose last week and I LOVED it!! "I can't stand still" and "Hero" was my favorite songs, but they were all great! Derek was fantastic re: FOOTLOOSE Does he have a fan address anyone?? :P hehe.. Definately have to see this musical again! How long is Derek supposed to play? lol :P
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#11
Posted: 7/11/06 at 6:45pm
hi there

derek is contracted till october as he may have to leave then but nothing is def.
I do know if derek has a fan base(he does at the stage door hehe)he will get a big head if he gets a fan club hehehehe(im kidding of course derek is one of the most down to earth guys u will ever chat to)
Do i wear a football uniform in the show Hmmmmmmmmmm
Im so glad so many people are enjoying this show KEEP US OPEN

The dirty dancing script wassnt to great and yes it is the movie on stage with a band and singers with the band singing all the songs and thats what put me off.Im a dancer but im also a singer and an actor and coming out of a hit show to go in to something like that seemed wrong.

lol
Updated On: 7/11/06 at 06:45 PM
Kristen_0509 Profile PhotoKristen_0509 Profile Photo
Kristen_0509
Understudy
Understudy
re: FOOTLOOSE#12
Posted: 7/12/06 at 3:36am
Just curious...how was their Rusty in the show? I played her a year ago and I hope she was good!!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us..
Matty
Understudy
Understudy
re: FOOTLOOSE#13
Posted: 7/12/06 at 7:31am
one of the best voices ive heard on stage. shes amazing.
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#14
Posted: 7/12/06 at 7:13pm
she has an amazing voice(we love here hehe)as do the all the girls

lol
musicalboy1 Profile Photomusicalboy1 Profile Photo
musicalboy1
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#15
Posted: 7/17/06 at 11:51am
Westend artist- who are you i want to look you up in my programe?
ScottInLA
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: FOOTLOOSE#16
Posted: 7/17/06 at 3:04pm
> please tell the americans its great as they think its awfull(coz
> there broadway version stank it was all illuminous pinks and
> greens yuk)

Has it been restaged that much? Wow...that's good to know. I'm an American, heading over to London next month, and I had this on my definitely "must-miss" list after having seen the horrible production here on tour however many years ago. You may have changed my mind...thanks...

(They're going to have to pay you for doing publicity work too...) :)
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#17
Posted: 7/17/06 at 8:20pm
hahahaha they really should pay me publicity but then they would also prob kill me for giving out info to you good people that maybee i shouldnt be lol.

The whole staging of footloose UK is very dif from footloose broadway .
Torz
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#18
Posted: 10/7/06 at 3:18pm
Rusty (in this case Stevie tate-Bauer) has one of the most powerful voices I have EVER heard.

We saw Femster (Fem Belling) covering the other day mind and I have to say, she totally rocked. I was so hyper after watching the other night that I was louder than Fem herself - and thats saying something :op - just joking lol. But Seriously they are two of my fave singers ever.

Lorna Want, Amy Pemberton and Caroline Deverill have stunning voices too mind. Its a tough call re: FOOTLOOSE
rikimuk
Swing
Swing
re: FOOTLOOSE#19
Posted: 10/18/06 at 3:12pm
This show is amazing and I hope it is going back on tour after Novemeber although I would be gutted if Derek leaves. I like Johnny as well though so I hope he stays to.

I have spent a small fortune this year travelling from Wales just to see this show again and again and work think I have lost the plot. lol

Lindsay
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#20
Posted: 10/19/06 at 9:19am
it is touring from febuary it opens in manchester at the lowry salfor quays main stage but its mainly a new cast
Updated On: 10/19/06 at 09:19 AM
Musical_Fan_Vix
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: FOOTLOOSE#22
Posted: 10/22/06 at 2:07pm
I just want to say all the cast did a fantastic job yesterday evening with the number of absences from the cast...

With 10 understudies on, the cast really pulled together well, and put on a great show..

I can't wait until the 4th November (when I am next down!) Then down the weekend after - already have our front row Final Matinee, and Final evening tickets...
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#23
Posted: 10/23/06 at 10:26am
Bob Harms is well on the road to recovery and despite the seriousness of his injury he will not require an operation to correct the damage inflicted.

I saw him the other week and he was walking without a stick but will not be formally returning to the show before it closes.

It is not for the first time that the cast has been depleted due to injury, sickness and contractual holiday. We hope to maintain the energy levels at all costs and create a thrilling experience for all the audience.

kasim Profile Photokasim Profile Photo
kasim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#25
Posted: 10/25/06 at 12:08am

Just wanted to add how much i loved this show :)

I was in the UK last month (i live in america) stopped by and saw it. Definetly awesome.

Are they plannign to release a CD from the london cast? anyone know?
west end artist1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: FOOTLOOSE#27
Posted: 10/25/06 at 8:18am
We begged for the to consider doing a london cast recording but alas no joy.The show issnt like a super big show(wicked) so with one cast recording out there they prob think thats enough(even though the arrangments for the uk version are so much better)