Page: 1

The Adelphi Theater...

zacwac08 Profile Photozacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
The Adelphi Theater...#0
Posted: 7/7/06 at 1:50pm
I am going to see Evita in a few weeks (as I said in a previous post) and am looking to book tickets. However, I've heard a lot of negative comments about the Adelphi. Are there seats that should be avoided at all costs?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Adelphi Theater...#1
Posted: 7/7/06 at 3:01pm
http://www.theatremonkey.com/ is a very good sight. Some of the red seats are even ok, make sure you read the comments.

According to that site, stay well away from the dress circle
princessofpower Profile Photoprincessofpower Profile Photo
princessofpower
Understudy
Understudy
re: The Adelphi Theater...#2
Posted: 7/7/06 at 9:32pm
Yeah, avoid The Boxes!!!
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Adelphi Theater...#3
Posted: 7/8/06 at 5:28am
Well, it might be an idea to go to the Adelphi THEATRE, seeing as in the UK, the Adelphi Theater does not exist.

The stalls are great. Go for rows d-g as central as possible.
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Adelphi Theater...#4
Posted: 7/9/06 at 1:04pm
Adelphi Theater not good! You get a bad feeling at just looking at it from the out side!! I sat in the dress circle very cramped. Even though the seats where good it was just the leg room which concerned me! The theatre where happy to move me after i complained about the legroom down to the stalls!
Do not get put of the show I still feel as if it is the best show I have seen in a long time!! A excellent new stage adaptation of a classic story!
Updated On: 7/9/06 at 01:04 PM
lifeisacabaret
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Adelphi Theater...#5
Posted: 7/9/06 at 2:19pm
Wow, thats articulate.

What a load of rubbish- to the originator of this thread- go with an open mind and then the judgement you'll make will be your own. Its a very nice theatre, and the stalls are great- rows d to g, as central as possible.
*MuSiCaLs_FaN* Profile Photo*MuSiCaLs_FaN* Profile Photo
*MuSiCaLs_FaN*
Understudy
Understudy
re: The Adelphi Theater...#6
Posted: 7/9/06 at 5:42pm
'stay away from the dress circle'???!!!!?? I TOTALLY disagree, I sat row D in the Dress Circle in the centre and they were FANTASTIC seats! The front half of the stalls and dress are considered the best seats in the house, hence why they are top price and I know the layout of the theatre very well - I SELL THE TICKETS, so I don't know where this information is coming from!
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Adelphi Theater...#7
Posted: 7/10/06 at 6:57am
I've not sat in the dress circle, but have to say that leg room in the stalls is fantastic - I'm six foot two, and even I could stretch out!

Remember, the seats that are red on theatremonkey are not necessarily bad, but indicate that other seats at the same price are preferable. I've never had any problems by following his guidance.

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."