Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No no no no

After the awful last UK production which was not only dreadful and cheap but also finacially a flop this show should just be left alone.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
LOL LOL LOL
Sorry! That was the other side of coming out!

GOD what a bore of a show.
I saw this on Broadway and left in the interval happy with the fact that I had already heard the shows 3 'big' numbers.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Did you ever see the UK Tour Mamma?
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sod off!

Sorry, I meant, you must be joking!
Even I'm not that fast. lol

I do have the single CD of the girl was in it tho singing 'Someone Like You?, nice voice but no Linda!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Everyone walked out when i was there lol

I have to say the 2 girls did a great job, when they 'In His Eyes' it was stunning. However Pauls singing was off key the whole of Act 1, he was using a click track in act 2, the set was worse than am dram, the lighting was so bad that spotlights would come on in the wrong place, the sound was bad and the band sounded so empty. It was one of the worst nights ive had in the theatre (except for Salad Days lol)
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Saw J & H twice on Broadway and loved it. The score is amazing. I did not see the last tour and what I heard about it was all dreadful so I'm glad I didn't so my memories of the Broadway show with Rob Evan and Linda Eder will not be spoiled. I can't honestly imagine Pellow in the role and the show stands or falls on the calibre of its lead. (eg Bob Cuccioli, Rob Evan or Anthony Warlow - awesome; David Hasselhof or Paul Nicholas - disaster.)
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
How ironic that they are going to start this tour from the Churchill in Bromley.
The Churchill was the home of another musical based on the story.
It was called simply 'Jekyll' and ran there as an out of town try out in 1996 with dates set for the Theatre Royal Haymarket a month later.
It stared Dave Willets and he will tell you that it was such a disaster that he reckons it effected the amount of work offers he got for some time after.
It wasn't even reviewed by the press, the production company pulled all publicity for the show and just let it run its very poorly attended 2 week run.
Ive always thought that this may also have effected the prospects of a full London production Wildhornes piece, or any other on the subject!
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Eh, like Marti Pellow, so might go if it stops at So'ton or Bournemouth, not a HUGE fan of the show, typical Wildhorn show in my opinion, The good songs are just incredible and BEAUTIFUL (EG This is The Moment is one of my all time favourite musical ballads!) but the other songs are just dull, repetitive, and at times, painful!
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Well I for one am pretty pleased about this. I have seen an am-dram production before and think some of the songs are excellent, and so would love to see a pro production.

As for Marti Pellow - Ugh, really? I really didn't like him in Witches of Eastwick.
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
he ruined witches! DVH was supposed to be butch and sexy and husky! not some weedy little flamboyant guy! he played DVH totally wrong in my opinion!
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this could be as bad as the uk productions tour as kenwright is the producer!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually think Marti Pellow is good, he was a brilliant Billy Flynn and he was one of the few good things about the dullness that was Witches of Eastwick, the other being the three femail leads (especially the ravishing Poppy Tierney).

Never seen Jekyll so cant comment on the show, but ill def go and see it
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I actually liked him in Witches of Eastwick as well
Maybe hes the 'go to man' to bring shows back from the dead lol
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
see i didnt like the changes made to witches
chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I agree with Matt.......... thought the Witches tour was awful, they ruined the show and he was dreadful.

I also think that THIS show is awful, and shouldn't be done!! BUT if its on the road, i dont mind.... just dont bring it into the west end!!!!
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Apparently he kills everything he touches, but I like what I know of Jekyll and Hyde, so I may go see it if it's in the area!
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I didnt think the tour was that bad at all, some of the changes were not good though. I still dont think he was bad.

Oh and if there dragging this show out again it will be aiming for London.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember they really wanted to bring Witches to the West End since it sold very well on tour but it never happened. I guess it could possibly come into town but it has to get good buzz on tour first.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
They were really praying for J and H to go in to London after its last tour....however then they read the reviews lol
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
glad of the opportunity to see this. i really liked witches and thought Marti Pellow was fab in it.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
He certainly wasn't some weedy little wimp. He may not have been the butchest DVH but I think he sold the part brilliantly.
I do long for a return to the Drury Lane production- fab!
Then again it was even tighter when it transfered to the Prince Of Wales.
As a touring show I think you should be grateful to have such a stelar production out there for so long.
You lot should have seen the s*** that the likes of Kenwright and Malcolm Knight sent out in the 70s and 80s.
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought the three ladies and Marti were brilliant in Witches, and agree he totally sold that part. The set was great too, i just found the score and book to be a bit 'meh' . It just never took off
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I thought the three witches were brilliant in the tour and I thought Pellow was the best Darryl I've ever seen - certainly better than Ian Mcshane in the original West End production, who I thought had zero stage presence. (But I also saw Pellow in the Chess concert as the arbiter and he was seriously awful.)

Re: Witches of Eastwick - it's one of my fav shows and I think the score is absolutely stunning. My only gripe is that they cut the best song in the score during the West End run (Loose Ends - a genuine masterwork in musical theatre songwriting).
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***