Page: 1

ATG May SAVE THE MANCHESTER PALACE!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ATG May SAVE THE MANCHESTER PALACE!#1
Posted: 11/11/09 at 12:16pm
After getting its hands on the Manchester Palace last week ATG directors have quietly said that the prospect of letting the Palace become home to the Royal Opera And Ballet is by no means certain.
They stated that although they agreed it was a good idea to let the regions get more grand opera and ballet they stated they did not fully agree to the Palace becoming a full time opera house as has been the plans by the ROH directors and Manchester City Council.
They have planned meetings with both parties in the coming weeks.
Lets hope ATG stand their guns and keep the Palace as a major touring venue for Manchester.
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: ATG May SAVE THE MANCHESTER PALACE!#2
Posted: 11/11/09 at 6:12pm
I was only thinking yesterday how the ATG purchase of Live Nation's Theatres may effect the palace plans. Here's hoping they put the appropriate spanner in the works.
andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: ATG May SAVE THE MANCHESTER PALACE!#2
Posted: 11/12/09 at 3:15am
If they were that opposed to the ROH plans, would it not have been sensible to negotiate the venue's 'status' prior to paying out for it?
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ATG May SAVE THE MANCHESTER PALACE!#3
Posted: 11/12/09 at 3:28am
I believe there was a bit of discussion between the parties concerned some time back but after all is signed and sealed it is up to ATG as to how the Palace is finally run.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: ATG May SAVE THE MANCHESTER PALACE!#4
Posted: 11/12/09 at 7:26am
Given that ATG just spent 90m on the Live Nation Portfolio, they would want to keep the major touring theatres in order to recoup the money and given the Palace is a major touring house, to hand to ROH would be silly. I imagine a compromise will be reached rather than a full on rejection.