Civic Theatre Seeks Cast for WHITE CHRISTMAS
Based on the beloved, timeless film, this heartwarming musical adaptation features seventeen Irving Berlin songs and a book by David Ives and Paul Blake. Veterans Bob Wallace and Phil Davis have a successful song-and-dance act after World War II. With romance in mind, the two follow a duo of beautiful singing sisters en route to their Christmas show at a Vermont lodge, which just happens to be owned by Bob and Phil's former army commander. The dazzling score features well known standards including Blue Skies, I Love A Piano, How Deep Is the Ocean and the perennial favorite, White Christmas. WHITE CHRISTMAS is an uplifting musical worthy of year-round productions.
Auditions are Sunday, August 20 at 5:00 pm
(arrive by 4:30 pm)
Callbacks are Monday, August 21 at 7:00 pm
All who are asked to attend call backs should plan to be there from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Auditions and call backs are at the
Arts United Center
303 E. Main Street - Downtown Fort Wayne.
Enter at the back of the building.
Please SIGN UP to audition: CALL Eunice at 422-8641 EXT. 226 or email@example.com.
Auditions are held in the Green Room at the back of the Arts United Center starting promptly at 5:00 pm. Please arrive early to fill out the audition forms.
Rehearsals: September 18-November 3
Monday-Friday from 7:00-10:00 pm
AND possible Sunday rehearsals if needed
Performances: November 4-19
Thursdays @ 7:30 pm,
Fridays & Saturdays @ 8:00 pm
Saturdays & Sundays @ 2:00 pm
STRIKING OF SET: Sunday, November 19
w/ Pizza and Beverages after strike
It is very important that we have a list of ALL CONFLICTS at the time of the audition.
We are seeKing Strong actors/singers/dancers who can sing harmony. Prepare and memorize one verse of an up-tempo song or ballad which shows off your voice, range, and personality. Standard Broadway show tunes are best. Be sure to bring sheet music (not just lyrics but actual piano music) in the correct key - do not expect the pianist to transpose your music on sight. Have all cuts or repetitions clearly marked. Place your music in a binder or tape the sheets together for the benefit of the accompanist. Pianist is provided. Plan to wear clothing you can move in for the choreography portion of the audition, which will be taught on site. We encourage actors of all ethnicities to audition.
it is important that you...
SIGN UP TO AUDITION!
Please Contact Eunice Wadewitz - Music Director at
422-8641 EXT. 226
- Cast of 32 - we encourage actors of all ethnicities to audition
- Bob Wallace - age 25-35, a superb singer with a crooning style who moves well. Baritone
- Phil Davis - age 25-35, strong jazz and tap-dancing needed - a song-and-dance comic performer. Bari-tenor
- Betty Haynes - age 25-35, a female singer of quiet beauty and charm who must move well. Rich chest mix sound & a soprano extension
- Judy Haynes - age 25-35, strong jazz and tap-dancing needed - a major song-and-dance performer. Chest mix
- General Henry Waverly - age 45 to mid 60's, with the exception of one line, a non-singing/non-dancing role.
- Martha Watson - late 40's to mid 60's, a winning, appealing character-comedienne with a clarion belt voice
- Susan Waverly - 9 years old, she must have an excellent belt voice and be able to move well.
- Ralph Sheldrake - age 25-35, Baritone
- Rita - mid 20's to early 30's
- Rhoda - mid 20's to early 30's
- Ezekiel Foster - mid 40's to late 50's, Strong Baritone
- Mike - age 20's to late 30's, the Stage Manager, a non-singing/non-dancing role
ENSEMBLE: Tessie, Jimmy, Cigarette Girl, Snoring Man, Mrs. Snoring Man, Train Conductor, Dance Captain, Seamstress, Assistant Seamstress, Ed Sullivan Announcer, Regency Room Announcer-offstage voice, Sheldrake's Secretary-offstage voice, "Jimmy's Back Room" Clubgoers, Train Passengers, Inn Guests, Chorus Kids, Patrons of the Regency Room (NOTE: Large singing-dancing ensemble consisting of "Jimmy's Back Room" Clubgoers, Train Passengers, Inn Guests, Chorus Kids, Patrons of the Regency Room)