The Ziegfeld Club & Diane Lane Will Present 4th Annual Liz Swados Inspiration Grant
The Ziegfeld Club, one of the first New York City performing arts charities to benefit women is thrilled to announce that the fourth Liz Swados Inspiration Grant will open to applicants beginning April 29, 2019. Created in 2016 and underwritten by actor Diane Lane, The Liz Swados Inspiration Grant serves to honor an influential female music educator in New York City through a $5,000.00 cash grant.
The application process for the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant will remain open from April 29 through May 24, 2019.
Diane Lane first partnered with The Ziegfeld Club on the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant in January 2016, shortly after Ms. Swados passed away. The Grant has previously been awarded to educators Rebecca Steinberg (2018), Laura Borgwardt (2017) and Cecilia Smith (2016).
Those interested in applying for the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant must submit their information by May 24, 2019, and must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
Open to female teachers or teaching artists.
Primary field must be music education. (We realize that many teaching artists' work is deeply interdisciplinary; however, music should be fundamental to your teaching in order to apply for this grant).
- Must have at least five (5) years of teaching experience.
- Must teach at least 20 hours a week.
- Must live AND work in New York City (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island), and a resident of NYC for at least (1) one-year prior to the application.
Interested applicants can submit all application materials (see list below) via Dropbox to email@example.com by Friday, May 24, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT. The recipient will be chosen and notified in June 2019.
The following application materials are required for consideration:
- Resume including at least the past five years of applicants teaching experience
- Two essay questions (totaling no more than one page)
- What led you to teach music in New York City?
- What is your music education philosophy?
- Two letters of recommendation
- One from a past or present employer or colleague
- One from a past or present student
- ALL MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE EMAIL via Dropbox
For more information about The Ziegfeld Club, Inc. or about the Liz Swados Inspiration Grant please visit www.TheZiegfeldClubInc.com
Photo Credit: Walter McBride / WM Photos