MTC's Spirit Control Opens Tomorrow
Manhattan Theatre Club's (Lynne Meadow, Artistic Director; Barry Grove, Executive Producer) world premiere production of Beau Willimon's SPIRIT CONTROL will open tomorrow, October 26 at New York City Center - Stage I (131 West 55th Street). The play, directed by Henry Wishcamper (Graceland, Port Authority) began previews on October 7.
The cast includes Mia Barron (Farragut North, The Coast of Utopia), Charles Borland (A Man For All Seasons, A Streetcar Named Desire), Aaron Michael Davies (Off-Broadway debut), Brian Hutchison (From Up Here at MTC, Looped), Maggie Lacey (The Orphans Home Cycle, Dividing The Estate), and Jeremy Sisto ("Law & Order," "Six Feet Under").
Adam Wyatt (Sisto) has the perfect family and a perfect record as an air traffic controller. But when the pilot of a small plane suffers a heart attack, Adam must talk a terrified passenger through an emergency landing. What happens next will link him inextricably to a woman he's never met, and set the life he once knew irrevocably adrift. SPIRIT CONTROL is a chilling and mesmerizing look at how we navigate a crisis, and the demons that haunt us long after.
Both Wishcamper, the up-and-coming director who won acclaim for his production of Conor McPherson's Port Authority, and Willimon, the breakout young talent behind the play Farragut North, are making their Manhattan Theatre Club debuts with SPIRIT CONTROL.
SPIRIT CONTROL features scenic design by Robin Vest, costume design by Jenny Mannis, lighting design by Natasha Katz, sound design by Broken Chord, projection design by Aaron Rhyne, original music by Chas Willimon and casting by David Caparelliotis.
Subscriptions to MTC's 2010-2011 season are available online at www.ManhattanTheatreClub.com<http://www.ManhattanTheatreClub.com>.
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR SPIRIT CONTROL:
* Tickets for SPIRIT CONTROL are available via the New York City Center Box Office (131 West 55th Street), CityTix(r) (212-581-1212) and www.nycitycenter.org<file:///C:Documents%20and%20SettingscbairdLocal%20SettingsTemporary%20Internet%20FilesContent.OutlookF63GYGOTwww.nycitycenter.org>.
* Tickets for SPIRIT CONTROL are $80.
Please note, SPIRIT CONTROL is dark on Mondays:
* THROUGH SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM and Sunday at 7PM. Matinees on Saturday and Sunday at 2 PM.
* MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2 - SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
* MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15 - SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Saturday and Sunday at 2 PM.
* MONDAY, NOVEMBER 22 - SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 28: Tuesday at 7PM, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 8 PM and a special holiday performance on Sunday at 7PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
* MONDAY, NOVEMBER 29 - SUNDAY, DECEMBER 5: Tuesday at 7 PM, Wednesday through Saturday at 8 PM. Matinees on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday at 2 PM.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Lynne Meadow and Executive Producer Barry Grove, MTC has become one of the country's most prominent and prestigious theatre companies. Over the past three decades, MTC productions have earned a total of 17 Tony Awards and six Pulitzer Prizes, an accomplishment unparalleled by a New York theatrical institution. MTC has a Broadway home at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre (261 West 47th Street) and an Off-Broadway theatre at New York City Center - Stage I (131 West 55th Street). Renowned MTC productions include Time Stands Still; The Royal Family; Ruined; The American Plan; Come Back, Little Sheba; Blackbird; Translations; Shining City; Rabbit Hole; Doubt; Proof; The Tale of the Allergist's Wife; Love! Valour! Compassion!; A Small Family Business; Sylvia; Putting It Together; Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune; Crimes of the Heart; and Ain't Misbehavin.'