New Orleans Ballet Association Elects New Board Chair
The New Orleans Ballet Association is pleased to announce the election of Charlotte Bollinger as Chair of the Board of Directors. Elected to the position in May, Bollinger replaces local attorney Michael Allday as Chair.
Bollinger, who served as NOBA Board Secretary for the past two years, is the Executive Vice President of Bollinger Shipyards, Inc. and serves as Secretary/Treasurer of the Board of Directors of Bollinger Shipyards, a full service marine construction and repair operation headquartered in Lockport, Louisiana, with divisions in Texas City, Texas and New Orleans, Algiers, Harvey, Fourchon, Larose, Mathews, and Morgan City, Louisiana.
"New Orleans is such a remarkable city, unlike any other in America. Like many people who experience our unique joie de vivre, I love New Orleans with all my heart," said Bollinger. "The performing arts matter so much to this world-class city, and for more than 40 years, NOBA has provided a first rate main stage opportunity to all in the region who love dance. I am excited and humbled to serve as president of the board."
"The members of the board are extremely proud of the thousands of children in the city who thrive with the lessons provided to them at no cost to their families," Bollinger continued. "We see a bright future for NOBA and are all dedicated to make that vision happen."
Active in a number of professional organizations, Bollinger has served on the Board of Directors of the World Trade Center and as President of the Chamber of Commerce of Lafourche and the Bayou Region. She is also President of Lafourche Education Foundation, a board member of Restore or Retreat, a coastal restoration group, and was recently appointed to the Louisiana Board of Regents by Governor Jindal. In addition, Bollinger is a funding member of the Louisiana 1 Coalition. She was inducted into the Center for Women in Government Hall of Fame and is a recipient of the Harvey Peltier Award for service from Nicholls State University. She is a graduate of the University of Southwestern Louisiana, with a Bachelor of Science degree in education.
Other NOBA Board officers are John M. Duck (Adams and Reese LLP), Vice Chair-Board Development; Constance Willems (McGlinchey, Stafford - A Law Corp.), Vice Chair-Governance; Guy P. Brierre (Capital One), Treasurer; Cynthia LeBreton (Certified Public Accountant), Vice Chair of Administration and Fundraising. Pamela M. Williams (Community Activist) was elected to replace Bollinger as Secretary.
The Board currently consists of 42 members who bring a variety of experience and expertise to NOBA. These local business and civic leaders assist the organization in its mission of bringing dance to life in our community both through public performances by world-class dance troupes and the nationally award-winning education programs.
Other Board Members serving are:
· Deborah Alciatore - Past BRAVO President
· Michael D. Allday - Attorney
· Toni Van Zandt Bachmann - Toni Van Zandt Realty, Inc.
· Dottie Belletto - New Orleans Convention Company
· William D. Bennett - Regions Morgan Keegan Private Banking
· Emily Amaro Bergeron -- ConocoPhillips Alliance Refinery
· Jacquee Carvin - Theater Producer
· Christopher J. Claus - Entercom Communications
· Barry J. Cooper, Jr. - Cooper Law Firm, LLC
· Gregory Curtis - Windsor Court Hotel
· Stella S. Del Bianco - American Airlines
· Rosalyn Ditta - Weinstein's
· Cathy Glaser - Anti-Defamation League
· Rose Lomando Goodwine - Scandurro & Layrisson, LLC
· Monique R. Gougisha - Ogletree Deakins
· Cathy M. Green - OCA, Inc.
· Teresa Guzzetta - Community Activist
· Rachel Hery - Peoples Health
· William R. Hinson - Chalmette Refining, LLC
· Bernard M. Jaffe, MD - Tulane University School of Medicine
· Carmen L. LaBrie-Brown, MD - Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans
· Henry M. Lambert - RCB Builders, Inc.
· TheRon Lewis - Educator, Mary Bethune Elementary
· Pamela Lupin - The Lupin Foundation
· Marcelle d'Aquin Meyer - Community Activist
· Carlos F. Mickan - Pan American Life Insurance Company
· Christie Mintz - Community Leader
· Max Moreno - Whitney Bank
· Deanna Rodriguez - Entergy New Orleans
· Barbara G. Spencer - Joe W. & Dorothy Dorsett Brown Foundation
· Jevon H. Williams - Shell Exploration & Production
Henrietta Ramirez Hall
E. Ralph Lupin, MD
Phyllis M. Taylor