The Overture Center Unveils 2019/2020 Season
The long wait is over, and, yes, HAMILTON arrives in Madison this fall!
The record breaking, trendsetting musical will land in town for three luxurious weeks, so not only will there be a reasonable chance at scoring the coveted tickets, Madisonians may find themselves bumping into cast members as they explore our great city.
The Overture Center proudly announced that HAMILTON will run from November 19th through December 8th. Season ticket holders will have first shot at seats, with remaining seats available at a later date. For more information on HAMILTON tickets, visit the Overture Center's Hamilton FAQs Web page
Additional offerings for the Broadway season feature something for everyone including new shows and old favorites.
THE BOOK OF MORMON | Tuesday, Sept. 17-Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019
- This outrageous musical comedy follows the misadventures of a mismatched pair of missionaries, sent halfway across the world to spread the Good Word. Contains explicit language.
- "Grade A: the funniest musical of all time." (Entertainment Weekly)
- Season Option - THE BOOK OF MORMON is not included in the Broadway package. Additional purchase required.
THE SPONGEBOB MUSICAL | Tuesday, Oct. 8-Sunday, Oct. 13, 2019
- Broadway's best creative minds reimagine and bring to life the beloved Nickelodeon series with humor, heart and pure theatricality in "a party for the eyes and ears" (Daily Beast)
- "BRILLIANT!" (The New York Times)
- Community Partner: SupraNet Communications, Inc.
HAMILTON | Tuesday, Nov. 19-Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019
- Featuring a score that blends hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R&B and Broadway, HAMILTON is the story of America then, as told by America now.
- HAMILTON's creative team previously collaborated on the 2008 Tony Award® Winning Best Musical In The Heights.
RIVERDANCE NEW 25TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW | Tuesday, Jan. 28-Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020
- A powerful and stirring re-invention of this beloved favorite, celebrated the world-over for its Grammy Award-winning score and the excitement, energy and dynamism of its Irish and International Dance.
- Has an all-new finale number which will blow audiences away.
- Community Partner: Oakwood Village
- Season Option - RIVERDANCE NEW 25th ANNIVERSARY SHOW is not included in the Broadway package. Additional purchase required.
THE COLOR PURPLE | Tuesday, Feb. 18-Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020
- A stunning re-imagining of an epic story about a young woman's journey to love and triumph in the American South.
- "One of the greatest revivals ever." (New York Magazine)
- Community Partner: Wells Fargo
WICKED | Wednesday, March 11-Sunday, March 29, 2020
- Long before Dorothy drops in, two other girls meet in the land of Oz. One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular.
- "WICKED is a phenomenon that keeps growing." (The Los Angeles Times)
- Six-show packages do not include WICKED
MY FAIR LADY | Tuesday, April 21-Sunday, April 26, 2020
- Lincoln Center Theater's production of Lerner & Loewe's MY FAIR LADY, Directed by Bartlett Sher, tells the story of Eliza Doolittle, a young Cockney flower seller, and Henry Higgins, a linguistics professor who is determined to transform her into his idea of a "proper lady." But who is really being transformed?
- "Every so often a revival comes along that reminds you how indispensable great theater can be" (NY1)
- Community Partner: Park Bank
THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG | Tuesday, May 12-Sunday, May 17, 2020
- What would happen if Sherlock Holmes and Monty Python had an illegitimate Broadway baby? You'd get THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG, Broadway & London's award-winning smash comedy!
- "A GUT-BUSTING HIT" (The New York Times)
- Community Partner: Associated Bank
COME FROM AWAY | Tuesday, Aug. 4-Sunday, Aug. 9, 2020
- Remarkable true story of 7,000 stranded passengers and the small town in Newfoundland that welcomed them.
- "It takes you to a place you never want to leave!" (Newsweek)
Also of note is the popular Cabaret Series:
This unique musical dining experience begins with hors d'oeuvres in the Capitol Theater Lobby, followed by a gourmet dinner, courtesy of Catering a Fresco, served on the historic Capitol Theater stage, which is transformed into an elegant nightclub for the evening
- Played her dream role of Nala in The Lion King on Broadway.
- Cites her influences as The Fugees, The Marleys, Michael Jackson and Sarah Vaughn.
ROYAL WOOD: LOVE WILL LINGER |Thursday, Feb. 13
- The singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist will perform his well-crafted pop-rock songs from his latest EP.
- Royal "brings class and craft to his pop-rock stylings, delivering them with a rich and resonant voice" (CBC Music)
- Alysha Umphress is a seasoned actress and dynamic New York performer with a wide range from rock to jazz standards.
- She made her Broadway debut in Green Day's American Idiot and recently received rave reviews for her performance in Smokey Joe's Café.
How to get tickets:
Becoming a subscriber or renewing a subscription is the only way to secure seats now for the 2019/20 season. For best pricing and availability, or to renew a current Broadway subscription and guarantee your same seats, orders must be received before Monday, May 6, 2019. Purchase at overture.org, by mailing in the order form (available online), calling the box office at 608.258.4141, or in-person at the box office (201 State Street).
Single tickets for individual shows for Broadway at Overture performances will go on sale to the public throughout the season, subject to availability.
Patrons can create an Overture Presents Make Your Own Series package with four (or more) non-Broadway titles. Single tickets for Overture Presents shows will go on sale to the public in Summer 2019.
Many shows offer discounted group tickets for orders of 10 (sometimes 15) or more tickets in the same show/performance. Group requests will be accepted beginning on Tuesday, April 9 (orders to be processed Summer 2019) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with seating reservations locked in during late July. Groups for HAMILTON are not available.
For the full 2019-2020 Overture schedule, visit overture.org.