Back to Jobs | View More Full Time Jobs - Administrative Listings
Seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, and customer service oriented individual to join our box office team. Should possess strong computer and problem-solving skills and must present a professional and helpful attitude with all of our patrons. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Box Office Manager. Together, Two River’s Box Office Manager and Box Office Supervisor oversee a team of part time box officers.
ABOUT TWO RIVER THEATER
Two River Theater is non-profit organization located in the vibrant Jersey Shore community of Red Bank NJ. Two River is committed to creating great American theater by developing and producing work by some of the country’s leading artists. We are proud to be viewed as a vital cultural resource in the community. Through 6+ theatrical productions each year (over 150 annual performances of world premieres, musicals, classics and theater for young audiences), 50+ annual audience engagement/community events and 15+ plus annual venue rentals, Two River serves an audience of approximately 50,000 annually. Anyone who joins our collaborative and fun team quickly becomes part of putting all of our initiatives into action day in and day out. Two River Theater is under the leadership of Artistic Director John Dias and Managing Director Michael Hurst.
We create great American theater by developing and producing new works and world masterpieces that most richly direct our gaze to the life of the human spirit. We cultivate an audience that cherishes the intimate joy of theater, enriched when shared by a community of others.
To be a theater whose work contributes to the canon of world theater and is a vital cultural resource for our community.
Artistic Excellence: We nurture and challenge the visions of adventurous theater artists. Our commitment to the artistic process is sustained over time through an investment in people, their creative process, and our dedication to the highest artistic standards.
Education and Community Engagement: We make our theater a welcoming resource for all. We create engagement programs and partnerships that encourage all voices to come together in conversation around the stories we tell. We invest in the next generation of artists and audiences by introducing students and lifelong learners to the possibility and adventure that theater brings to our lives.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We believe that the essence of theater is democratic: it invites us to encounter, consider and perhaps adopt other points of view, if only for a brief time in a darkened theater. We aspire to build an environment in which artists, audiences, employees, and Board members from different backgrounds and experiences together form an institution that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive.
Operational Excellence: We dedicate ourselves to the highest standards in our governance, management, operational, and financial practices. We are committed to developing and retaining an experienced and accomplished staff, an engaged and informed Board of Trustees, and a working environment that attracts staff, volunteers, and artists of the highest caliber.
Two River Theater is dedicated to the goal of building an equitable and culturally diverse work environment and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with Two River’s core values, including our commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Processing phone, mail, email, and in person orders for single tickets and subscriptions.
- Ensuring all box officers are up-to-date on the theater’s productions, special events, rental events and special offers.
- Reconciling concessions and merchandise cash intake per performance.
- Being the point person for all ticketing matters during performances.
- Responsible for handling any last-minute requests and decisions at curtain time.
- Become proficient using Spektrix software (ticketing system).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide professional & outstanding customer service to all patrons.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create a positive and motivating environment which encourages box officers to strategically upsell patrons.
- Has initiative and possesses ability to regularly delegate tasks without hesitation.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and non-traditional shifts.
- Should be comfortable in an occasionally fast paced environment.
- A love and knowledge of theater is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Sales background, with record of working with a team to meet revenue goals a plus.
COMPENSATION: Salary range is $30,000 - $35,000. Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, personal time and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Candidates should submit a cover letter (include where you saw this job posting) and resume to Michele Klinsky, Box Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
SUBJECT LNE SHOULD READ: Box Office Supervisor
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2021