Artistic Associate - Gulfshore PlayhouseBack to Jobs | View More Full Time Jobs - Creative Listings
GULFSHORE PLAYHOUSE SEEKS ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE
Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit theatre company located in Naples, Florida, is seeking a creative, producorial-minded individual to serve as Artistic Associate. Reporting to the Producing Artistic Director, the Artistic Associate will take on a vital role as part of the organization’s artistic team.
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is currently building a brand new, state-of-the-art 40,000sf facility, featuring two theatres and an education space. It is anticipated the building will open in late 2023.
Status: Full time, year-round position
Start Date: August 1st, 2022
Principal Job Responsibilities:
● Collaborate closely with the artistic team to seek and nurture opportunities to develop and produce new works, commissions, co-productions, and Broadway partnerships. This includes forging/maintaining relationships with artists and industry professionals and identifying emerging talent.
● Represent Gulfshore Playhouse events in Naples and other locations. This includes networking events, productions, readings, and showcases (travel outside of Naples as needed).
● Assist in the management of the Annual New Works Festival, including logistics, communications, scheduling, budgets, etc.
● Work in conjunction with the artistic team on season selection. The Artistic Associate will read and evaluate plays, take part in weekly Artistic meetings, and help plan the long-term artistic programming of the organization.
● Manage and oversee budgets for arts projects.
● Assist in fundraising/grant efforts to raise awareness and monetary support for new projects.
These responsibilities are the starting point for this position. Gulfshore Playhouse is seeking a truly passionate candidate who is interested in making Gulfshore Playhouse their artistic home and growing with the organization. While these responsibilities meet the needs of the theatre, the Artistic Associate’s personality, strengths, and interests will help shape the role, which has room for advancement.
Skills & Experience
● Deep knowledge of and experience in the theatre industry, including Broadway and regional theatre, is essential.
● Demonstrated track record of shepherding artistic processes from inception to production.
● Experience with project management. The Artistic Associate will need to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
● Relationship-building expertise. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and managing professional and strategic relationships with members of the arts industry, including producers, playwrights, composers, and others.
● The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
Our Charter: https://gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 annually plus excellent benefits
Gulfshore Playhouse offers benefits that increase along with tenure, including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan and paid vacation and sick leave.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.