DANCEVENTURE: MENARI DENGAN RASA PENUH ASA by Indonesia Dance Company
This year, Indonesia Dance Company (IDCo) is back with DANCEVENTURE, which presents 8 new dance works from professional choreographer in Indonesia. DANCEVENTURE was held for two days on Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 7PM and Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 5PM at Gedung Kesenian Jakarta.
DANCEVENTURE is a dance performance that is different from most dance performances, usually ballet and contemporary dance performances only feature dancers representing a particular dance school. In DANCEVENTURE, all dancers from different backgrounds can dance while performing their skill, movement understanding, story and music as well as high experience.
"We are trying to find talented dancers who rarely have the opportunity to perform and develop their talent. Therefore, in addition to the scouting process we also held an open-audition that followed 30-ish dancers then eventually select 4 dancers from Jakarta, Medan and Surabaya," said Claresta Alim, artistic director and founder of Indonesia Dance Company, who also danced as a professional dancer at the Beijing Dance Academy, American Ballet Theater, Washington Ballet and receive her academic degree for dance education at the Royal Academy of Dance, London.
DANCEVENTURE followed by a total of 23 talented Indonesian dancers with the latest 8 dance works:
1. Beautiful Symphony and melancholy rain (choreographer: Siti Soraya)
2. Playing with the upbeat and fun (choreographer: Siti Soraya)
3. Firm and high spirited colony (choreographer Siko Setyanto)
4. Gentle and hopeful fireflies (choreographer: Siti Soraya)
5. Sacred prayer and self-contemplation (choreographer: Fifi Sijangga)
6. Hope symbolizes the spirit and thoughts of 5 different choreographers, namely Ari Prajanegara, Dheidra Fadhillah, Johan Sun, Michael Halim and Siti Soraya.
7. Happiness that spread positive and highly versatile energy (choreographer: Claresta Alim)
8. Two Lovers reminisce their first love and inspired by the film Galih dan Ratna (choreographer: Michael Halim)
About Indonesia Dance Company: Established in 2015, Indonesia Dance Company was born from the spirit and idea of Claresta Alim, a professional dancer and talented young entrepreneur who paid special attention on professional dance world in Indonesia, where working as a dancer is still underestimated and considered as a "hobby". Through Indonesia Dance Company, Alim wants to establish a place for Indonesian talented dancers to dance together and grow their potential as much as possible. The purpose of the establishment of Indonesia Dance Company is to introduce dance as a valuable profession to the public by helping and educating Indonesian talented dancers in following international dance standards, without forgetting the identity of Indonesia's cultural diversity.
1. David William
2. Marie Yang
3. Erich Setiadi