10 Dallas Playwrights present 10 New Plays at FIRST IMPRESSIONS FESTIVAL
Imprint Theatreworks is pleased to announce the finalists chosen for our Inaugural First Impressions Festival for Local Playwrights. Ten original works will be featured, all by playwrights based in Dallas and Fort Worth.
"IMPRINT is committed to providing an outlet for creative artists in our community. We cannot wait to share with you these 10 local playwrights and their original voices during the festival." - Joe Messina, Co-Artistic Director, Imprint Theatreworks
First Impressions is a festival for local playwrights which allows emerging playwrights to develop their plays and network with other artists in the community through table reads and Q&A sessions. The hope of Imprint Theatreworks is to cultivate the talent in DFW and develop their original work.
The festival will take place from February 21st - 24th in the Lake Level space at the Bath House Cultural Center (521 E Lawther Dr, Dallas, TX 75218). You have the option of either buying a day pass for $10 or a festival pass for $35. For more information and tickets, visit https://imprinttheatreworks.org.
First Impressions will feature the following plays:
· Suckers by Devin Berg (Friday, February 23rd at 9:00 pm)
· Mother's Goose is cooked and other Nursing Rhymes from the Oldshue Retirement Home by Ruth Cantrell (Saturday, February 24th at 3:30 pm)
· Blonde Ambition by Lindsay Hayward (Saturday, February 24th at 7:00 pm)
· Killing Oscar by Jacie Hood (Thursday, February 22nd at 7:00 pm)
· The Crickets' Lunch by Elaine Liner (Saturday, February 24th at 2:00 pm)
· Sauced by Nicole Neely (Friday, February 23rd at 8:15 pm)
· PERAMBULATORY: preambleastory by Haley Grace Nelson (Wednesday, February 21st at 8:30 pm)
· College Nights by Dominic J Pecikonis (Thursday, February 22nd at 9:00 pm)
· Another Set of Issues by August Riehle (Friday, February 23rd at 7:00 pm)
· The Best (Wo)Man by Shane Strawbridge (Saturday, February 24th at 8:00 pm)