We’re an award-winning events agency specializing in production, strategic planning, and design. We work with a mix of corporate, association and non-profit clientele and events include galas, launches, meetings, conferences and beyond. Sequence is headquartered in New York, NY and executes events worldwide. Read more about us at www.Sequence-Events.com.
Seeking a good-natured, “Yes, and…” candidate with event production, AV & theater tech background. Successful applicants will be self-motivated, organized, collaborative, positive and professional with the willingness to learn and work hard under the guidance of our Director of Production.
For those coming from theatrical backgrounds, the position will sharpen your production skills by introducing you to non-traditional venues, challenge you with different timelines than traditional theater projects (shorter load-in windows, truncated rehearsal periods, different audiences and goals, etc.), introduce you to client interactions, and spark curiosity in other facets of lighting, sound, video, and set design as it relates to the corporate realm.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with creative proposals for scenic, lighting, and decor elements
- Requesting and revising competitive Audio Visual quotes
- Drafting production staff briefing & other supporting documents
- Overseeing changes to Run of Show, rehearsal schedules, and other key production documents throughout the process
- Preparing, updating, and overseeing execution of vendor timelines for load-in
- Ordering production supplies and rentals (e.g. gobos, step and repeats, supplementary furniture or staging props)
- Attending site inspections
- Creating production “bibles" for each event (stage plots, run of show, talent rosters, media list, post-event images, etc.)
- Securing event freelancers, tracking hours, and processing freelancer invoices
- Providing onsite support regarding AV and production logistics for all events, working towards oversight of entire events as things progress
- Updating project timelines
- Managing internal communications with design team
- Assisting with production expense reporting
- Developing and presenting research on new production ideas to the entire team
- Expanding roster of preferred Sequence vendors & freelancers