New 'Monkees' Album 'Good Times!' Tops Adele & Ariana Grande on Charts!
Hey hey they're The Monkees and they're doing just fine after 50 years in the business! According to Showbiz411, the group topped Adele, Prince and Ariana Grande in pure sales- CDs and digital downloads, on this week's charts with their new album.
Titled 'Good Times!', the LP sold just over 24,000 copies and finished at number 8 for the first week on the charts. In addition, the group added close one thousand streams and finished at number 15 when streamed play was counted in according to hitsdailydouble.com.In addition, "Good Times!" was number 1 on the amazon.com bestsellers and sits at the number 3 spot, just behind Paul Simon's new "Stranger to Stranger" and the Broadway oriignal cast recording of HAMILTON. At a Monkees concert held at New York's Town Hall last week, Micky Dolenz told Showbiz411's Roger Friedman, "I'll be happy to make the top 40."
Much like The Monkees' early albums, GOOD TIMES! features tracks written specifically for the band by some of the music world's most gifted songwriters, including Rivers Cuomo of Weezer ("She Makes Me Laugh"), Ben Gibbard of Death Cab For Cutie ("Me & Magdalena"), Andy Partridge of XTC ("You Bring The Summer"), as well as a song co-written by Noel Gallagher and Paul Weller ("Birth Of An Accidental Hipster").To help bring the 50th anniversary full circle, The Monkees completed songs that were originally recorded and written for the group during the 60s, including "Love To Love" by Neil Diamond and Harry Nilsson's "Good Times."
Track Listing (with songwriters noted)
2. "You Bring The Summer" (Andy Partridge)
3. "She Makes Me Laugh" (Rivers Cuomo)
4. "Our Own World" (Adam Schlesinger)
5. "Gotta Give It Time" (Jeff Barry/Joey Levine)
6. "Me & Magdalena" (Ben Gibbard)
7. "Whatever's Right" (Tommy Boyce/Bobby Hart)
8. "Love To Love" (Neil Diamond)
9. "Little Girl" (Peter Tork)
10. "Birth Of An Accidental Hipster" (Noel Gallagher/Paul Weller)
11. "I Wasn't Born To Follow" (Carole King/Gerry Goffin)
12. "I Know What I Know" (Michael Nesmith)
13. "I Was There (And I'm Told I Had A Good Time)" (Micky Dolenz/Adam Schlesinger)
Album cover art & more courtesy of Monkees Official Site