What Should We Do Announces the Best New Restaurant Award
Arielle Tepper knows how to organize a winning production and she has done just that with What Should We Do's first annual Best New Restaurant Awards. Her team ventured across New York to explore the most innovative, exciting restaurant openings in all five boroughs. Their ten favorites (see full list below) are in the running to win What Should We Do's top prize for 2018. While many food critics don't look beyond Manhattan or take chances on lesser-known chefs, the dining and drinking experts at WSWD search for hidden gems that provide unexpected quality and special experiences.
"I am truly thrilled to announce that the winner of the first ever What Should We Do Best New Restaurant Award is Saint Julivert Fisherie," said Arielle Tepper.
Saint Julivert Fisherie embodies the type of restaurant gems What Should We Do prides itself on discovering for our customers and visitors and we are already discovering even more restaurants, happenings and events across all five of the beautiful and inspiring boroughs for 2019."
The ten finalists were narrowed down not only by looking at the quality of the food, but the overall experience that you get when you visit the restaurants. What Should We Do prides itself in finding unique finalists long before other food critics recognized their merits.
Judges - What Should We Do Restaurant Awards
- Michael Anthony; Executive Chef of Gramercy Tavern
- Dana Cowin; Host of the podcast Speaking Broadly, former creative director of Chefs Club and former Editor-in-Chief of Food & Wine
- Tracy Pollan; Author of The Pollan Family Table
- Chris Scott; Top Chef finalist and owner of Butterfunk Kitchen
- Hong Thaimee; Owner and Head Chef at Thaimee Table
Top 10 What Should We Do Finalists (in alphabetical order)
- Adda; 31-31 Thomson Avenue, Long Island City
- Bluebird London; 10 Columbus Circle, Third Floor, Midtown
- Brooklyn Cider House; 1100 Flushing Avenue, Bushwick
- Di An Di; 68 Greenpoint Avenue, Greenpoint
- Frenchette; 241 West Broadway, Tribeca
- Henry at Life Hotel; 19 West 31st Street, Midtown
- Legacy Records; 517 W 38th Streer, Hudson Yards
- Saint Julivert Fisherie; 264 Clinton Street, Cobble Hill
- Sofreh; 75 St Marks Avenue, Prospect Heights
- The Usual; 30 Kenmare Street, Lower East Side
About What Should We Do
Arielle Tepper, longtime New Yorker and Theater & Film Producer (Dear Evan Hansen, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, The Elephant Man) who has garnered 45 Tony Awards, is moving from theater to help New Yorkers and visitors alike answer the age-old question "What Should We Do?"
What Should We Do is an elevated app-based concierge service, bringing users a custom experience curate by expert tastemakers, from start to finish with planning, booking, logistics, and around the clock support. What Should We Do recently launched in Chicago and LA.
For more information about What Should We Do, please visit https://www.whatshouldwedo.com
Media Contact: James Monahan, james(at)monahanpr.com, for hi-res images and general brand press queries.