IKEA to Celebrate Grand Re-Opening of In-Store Restaurants with Weekend Full of Food Specials, Prizes and Fun Activities for Shoppers
IKEA U.S. invites customers to participate in a weekend-long celebration at stores across the country* to commemorate the grand re-opening of its newly remodeled restaurants from April 29 through May 1, 2016, beginning with a special ribbon-cutting ceremony on Friday, April 29. Throughout the weekend, IKEA FAMILY** members can take advantage of fun activities & workshops, free goodie bag giveaways, and various IKEA Restaurant offers including discounted meal specials. Additionally, guests will be able to sample and taste some of the new nutritious and more sustainable IKEA Food offerings announced last year.
The three-day long event celebrates the re-opening of IKEA U.S. in-store restaurants. Nearly all of the restaurants nationwide are undergoing a full remodel so that customers will be able to enjoy a newly redesigned and customized dining experience featuring three different restaurant zones. The first area lends itself to a quick bite for the shopper on the run; the second space is family-oriented; and the third section is called "Fika" - Swedish for "to have coffee" - with a living room atmosphere.
"We know that there is so much more to food than food. Food brings people together at home in everyone's daily lives, and we wanted to reflect that in the new dining experience at IKEA Restaurants," said Patricia Meumann, U.S. Commercial Manager for IKEA Food. "What better way to celebrate together with our customers than with tasty food and family fun during our upcoming grand reopening weekend."
Calendar of Events
Friday, April 29
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony for the grand re-opening of the new IKEA restaurant
- Early bird giveaways (5:00pm) - First 100 visitors to the restaurant receive mystery prizes ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
- IKEA FAMILY Dinner Special from 5:00pm - 8:00pm: Three-course meal for only $6.99 (reg. $9.99); choice of meatball entrée + soup or salad + dessert
Saturday, April 30
- Early bird giveaways - First 30 people in line at store opening receive a free IKEA goodie bag with Swedish Food Market organic products (value $45); next 100 in line will receive mystery prizes ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
- Full day of IKEA FAMILY food offers
o Breakfast: Swedish-American breakfast for only $1.49 (reg. $2.99)
o Lunch: Chicken w/veggies and mashed potato for only $3.99 (reg. $4.99)
o "Fika" (Coffee Break): 50% off any dessert from 2:00pm - 4:00pm
o Dinner: Two-course dinner - any entrée plus soup or salad or dessert for only $4.99 (reg. $7.99)
- "Fika" workshop at 2:00PM where participants can learn the art of the Swedish coffee break
- Family-friendly activities*** (e.g., face painting, balloon artists, music, etc.)
- IKEA Food sampling and IKEA Swedish Food Market coupon giveaways
Sunday, May 1
- All-You-Can-Eat Brunch from opening to 2:30pm (IKEA FAMILY price $9.99 (reg. $12.99))
- Early bird giveaways - First 100 people in line at store opening receive a mystery prize ranging from food offers to gift cards ranging from $5-$100 in value
For more information, please visit the IKEA Food & Restaurant page (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/food/) or the local store pages (http://info.ikea-usa.com/StoreLocator/StoreLocator.aspx) on IKEA-USA.com.
*Not available at the IKEA Burbank, IKEA Carson, and IKEA St. Louis stores. IKEA Paramus is closed on Sundays.
**IKEA FAMILY is a benefits program that offers membership perks including special product discounts, sneak previews, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. Consumers can sign up for the free program online or in-store.
***Activities vary by store.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. here are currently more than 380 IKEA stores in 48 countries, including 40 in the U.S. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
# # #