Proscenium Journal Will Present Debut Issue, 9/8
Proscenium Journal (prosceniumjournal.com), the first literary journal exclusively dedicated to publishing plays, will publish its first issue on September 8, 2014. Proscenium has selected five plays for publication from 211 submissions from around the world. They are:
- Looking for the Pony (NEA Outstanding New American Play Award Finalist) by Andrea Lepcio
- Black Coffee Green Tea, by Damon Chua (Public Theatre Emerging Writer)
- Kissing Che (Terrence Mcnally Award Finalist) by Augusto Frederico Amado
- Ski Lift (Grand Prize, Theatre Oxford 10-Minute Play Competition) by Chris Holbrook
- Mai Dang Lao (2013 Portland JAW Festival) by David Jacobi
Proscenium's mission is to showcase the freshest voices in contemporary playwriting. Proscenium aims to create a platform for sharing new plays of the highest caliber, fostering a community of readers and performers and reaching unprecedented audiences by leveraging a large, web-based distribution.As a nonprofit organization, Proscenium is a service to playwrights and to the theatre community. Prosceniumpublications are free of charge and readily accessible online, allowing playwrights to share their work with a large audience. Proscenium is dedicated to producing a high quality journal showcasing the freshest contemporary voices in theatre and strives to create a platform for playwrights to share their works with potential producers and for producers to discover new works in an easy, accessible way. Additional information about Proscenium Journal, including playwright bios, exclusive interviews, and important announcements, is available at www.prosceniumjournal.com.