Bobbi Rebell Shares HOW TO BE A FINANCIAL GROWNUP Featuring Tony Robbins, Ivanka Trump and More
PALMYRA, Va., Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ What do Tony Robbins, Kevin O'Leary, Drew Barrymore, Jim Cramer, Ivanka Trump and Cynthia Rowley have in common? They all experienced a "financial grownup moment" when they realized that they had to pay attention to money, and that the financial decisions they made had a significant impact on them and the people they cared about. These financial Role Models, and 24 others, tell their financial grownup stories and share the lessons they learned in "How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom," the new book by award-winning Reuters journalist Bobbi Rebell.
"Most people don't expect a personal finance book to mention a sex scandal, repeated battles with cancer, tales of living out of a car, or extreme childhood povertybut these are the real, raw stories behind these inspiring Role Models' financial grownup moments," said author Rebell. "To add to the Role Models' contributions, I also consulted a team of financial experts for actionable information and advice to help readers make immediate improvements to their financial lives."
"How to Be a Financial Grownup" features:
- Tony Robbins on owning the choices you make
- Kevin O'Leary on making sacrifices to reach your goals
- Drew Barrymore on pouring your heart into your work
- Jim Cramer on the need to be financially literate
- Ivanka Trump on the difference between spending and splurging
- Cynthia Rowley on taking risks and trusting your vision as an entrepreneur
- Elliot Weissbluth on good vs. bad debt
- Terry Lundgren on choosing the best career for your financial goals
- Amanda Steinberg on spending money without busting your budget
- Roger Crandall on realistic investing strategies tailored to goals
- Sallie Krawcheck on the financial impact of work/life choices
- Spencer Rascoff on making the best real estate choices
- Aaron Shapiro on mixing friends and finances
- Alexia Brue on how healthy eating along with mindfulness pay off financially
- And more
Though she began work on the book with millennials in mind, Rebell quickly determined that these skills and lessons are essential at every life stage from setting up post-college, to getting married and having kids, to the often-scary prospect of retirement.
"How to Be a Financial Grownup: Proven Advice from High Achievers on How to Live Your Dreams and Have Financial Freedom" by Bobbi Rebell, with a foreword by New York Times #1 Bestselling author Tony Robbins, will be published October 18 by Maven House Press.
Everyone is encouraged to join the financial literacy conversation on social media using the hashtag #FinancialGrownup or by connecting with Bobbi Rebell on Twitter (@bobbirebell) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/bobbirebell).
About the Author
Bobbi Rebell is an award-winning TV anchor and personal finance columnist at Thomson Reuters, the largest news organization in the world. Her business videos are seen on hundreds of broadcast and online channels around the world, and her Reuters column on personal finance is syndicated to hundreds of newspapers and websites worldwide. She was formerly a reporter at PBS (Nightly Business Report) and held various producer positions at CNN and CNBC. She is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and has a Certificate in Financial Planning from New York University.
About Maven House Press
An independent publisher specializing in forward-thinking business books by executives, business owners, educators, journalists, and other experts, Maven House Press was founded in 2012. Its titles are distributed by Ingram Publisher Services-Legato. For more information visit mavenhousepress.com.
For Media Opportunities Contact:
Terri Kayden, JConnelly
SOURCE Maven House Press