Page: 1

Parade

JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Parade#0
Posted: 6/4/03 at 3:05pm
Are there any parts for teenage lads in JRB's Parade? A local company are staging it and I was wondering whether if I can audition for any particular part.

Jake.
musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Parade#1
Posted: 6/4/03 at 3:12pm
yes there is a part for you in show. the part frankie epps. he has 2 songs one of them is a cute duet with a girl he has a crush on and the other is a solo with the rest of the cast at the end . this would be a great part for a "young laid" aroud the age of 17-22 the charector is like around 16-17 put an older actor can play the part as long as he looks young. i hope this helps :) if you have any more questions ask :)
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Parade#2
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:02pm
Well, I'm a young looking 16 actually, more like early 15. Would this be a problem? What's the actual role of Frankie Epps like?

Thanks for your help re: re: Parade

Jake.
musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: Parade#3
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:09pm
i think your age is right for the part. frankie is a energitc young boy i believe he works for the factory. he has a crush on mary phagan they sing the song "the picture show". mary is then killed and frankie express his anger and hurt in the song "it dont make sense" his role is a minor part he is mostly seen at the beginning of the show. the actor that palys the role must have a strong voice i believe the role is a tenor part(not sure), i hope this helps :)
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Parade#4
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:13pm
Thanks so much! I'm going to email the director now and ask about whether I've missed the audition, I shouldn't have done, it's in October.

Jake.
musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: Parade#5
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:15pm
no problam, i am glad i was able to help you :) good luck i hope you get the part!!!! let me know :)
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: Parade#6
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:22pm
Will certainly do so. I read that they've had their first rehearsal, which is crazy, it's months away. They are a very good amateur company though who do like perfection. Anyways, they usually cast kids after rehearsals are underway - I was in Oliver and Scrooge with the same musical director, who is the artistic director of this company.

Jake.
musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Parade#7
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:24pm
cool. but i think you should still call him and see if he has cast the part that you want and if not tell him that you are interested in it :)
King Stevos
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Parade#8
Posted: 6/4/03 at 4:57pm
I dont think frankie is a factory worker. But he does sing three great songs- 2 ballads and a very funny uptempo, his songs are allmost better than Leo Franks...if only I wasnt 6'4'' I couldshave my beard and I would be able to play the part, tell us if you audition and get it.

TDKS
"IF I TRY THERE MAY BE A CHANCE / WE COULD LOVE WITH OUR EYES CLOSED/ WITH OUR EYES CLOSED WE COULD CHANGE THE WORLD!"- Stephen Dwight
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bad news.#9
Posted: 6/7/03 at 9:37am
It's been cast Bad news.
BillyLawlor Profile PhotoBillyLawlor Profile Photo
BillyLawlor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bad news.#10
Posted: 6/7/03 at 9:47am
That sucks! Sorry.
aliceripley
Swing
Swing
re: re: Bad news.#11
Posted: 6/7/03 at 6:03pm
When and where is the production happening jake? I LOVED this show!
The former daisyhilton (of the broadway.com hiltons) Do you like it? I only wore it once...
musicaltheatreman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: Bad news.#12
Posted: 6/8/03 at 12:44am
i am sorry to here that jakeb re: re: re: Bad news. better luck next time