WNET Invites Performers to Join NEW YORK STORIES Open Mic Night at Lincoln Center
WNET, home to area PBS stations THIRTEEN, WLIW21 and NJTV, will host its first-ever Open Mic night at the Tisch WNET Studios at Lincoln Center on May 18, 2016. The event will be live streamed on thirteen.org from the Tisch WNET Studios at Lincoln Center, 66th & Broadway, NYC on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 8-11 pm. Performances may be used in a future on-air or on-line production."Throughout our 50-plus years as New York's flagship public media station, WNET has supported and showcased performers of all types on its air," says WNET CEO Neal Shapiro. "As we pursue our Media with Impact mission, we are looking to develop new ways of supporting the arts and artists in our community."
- All performers must apply on line via this link before Midnight on May 4. Applications will be reviewed in order of receipt, so apply as soon as possible.
- Applications must include a detailed description of your act and/or provide a link to a recent performance.
- Ensure you will be available on May 18, 2016 from 4:30 pm until midnight.
- Performers must be self-contained and use their own (portable) instruments. WNET will provide sound and lighting support but cannot provide instruments of any kind.
- Material must be an original work, including any accompaniment, and must be suitable for a public television audience (profanity is not allowed). Artists are responsible for securing appropriate permissions.
- We will review entries in order of receipt until we have identified 15 Acts and 5 alternates that reflect a high level of quality and artistry. Selected participants will be notified by May 9.
- If you are selected to participate, you will have 48 HOURS to commit before we move on to additional applicants.
- Selected participants must complete an appearance release that allows the performer and his/her/their materials to be used on-air and online without further approval. There will be no prizes awarded and no compensation of any kind for performers.