WAKE UP with BWW 1/5/2015 - THINGS WE WANT, Bradley Cooper and More!
Good morning, BroadwayWorld! Because we know all our readers eat, sleep and breathe Broadway, what could be better than waking up to it? Today's big news: After a long holiday weekend, Ethan Hawke returns to helm a reading of THINGS WE WANT tonight!
TODAY'S TOP ITEMS:
WHAT YOU MISSED THIS WEEKEND:
- Broadway's DISGRACED will close in March with a US tour to follow this fall!
- You'll have to wait a little longer for PS Classics' ON THE TOWN cast album.
- LES MISERABLES was cut short and evacuated Saturday in the West End due to a fire scare...
- Laura Osnes, Bridget Everett and more are set for NYC PodFest this weekend!
- The Dramatists Guild Fund has awarded $170K to theaters across the nation.
- Snooki says she wants to star on Broadway this year...
- INTO THE WOODS and THE NORMAL HEART are among this year's ACE Eddie Award nominees.
- We got a look (right) at Idina Menzel performing on ABC's ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE!
- Plus, GALAVANT hit ABC last night, and you can read BWW's take here and here!
Broadway Weather Forecast: Windy and partly cloudy to kick off the first week of the New Year - high of 44 degrees!
Quote of the Day: A word from birthday boy and ELEPHANT MAN star Bradley Cooper...
And a Happy Birthday shout-out to Bradley Cooper, who hits the big 4-0 today!
Cooper is currently starring in The Elephant Man on Broadway. Before that, he appeared onstage in Three Days of Rain. The actor kicked off his career on TV in Alias and Jack & Bobby and went on to star in the comedy films Wedding Crashers, Yes Man, He's Just Not That Into You and The Hangover trilogy. He has more recently expanded his movie repertoire to include dramas, such as Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle -- both earned him Oscar nominations -- as well as The Place Beyond the Pines and 'Rocket' in Guardians of the Galaxy. Cooper will next be seen on the big screen in American Sniper.
See you bright and early tomorrow, BroadwayWorld!