VIDEO: Tim Minchin Counts Down to His Tour With Videos From Past Performances
Tim Minchin has started a countdown to his upcoming tour on Twitter! For each day of the countdown, Minchin has shared a video of a past performance of his.
Check out the full countdown below!
20 days to go until my first BACK tour date, so I thought I'd post a video per day until we get there. Orright? This one is my first ever performance at Royal Albert Hall in 2005, when I was 30. Shitting myself, I was. https://t.co/QitXp3AjoA#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 12, 2019
19 days until BACK tour starts! Here's the first song I ever wrote for @wossy. He and his mob were hugely supportive of me early on, bless. For the non-Poms, context: Jonathan had a quite famous house-band called "Four Poofs & A Piano". https://t.co/5OJjT26zrL #BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 13, 2019
18 days til the tour starts! Here's a version of "Not Perfect" from the Royal Albert Hall show with @JulesBuckley & the @HeritageOrc! My gorgeous friend Iain Grandage wrote this orchestration. Legend. https://t.co/bhXIYgmmLR#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 14, 2019
Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 15, 2019
16 days to go until I'm BACK on tour. Hmmm.- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 16, 2019
I wrote this ballad for Australian film 'Two Fists, One Heart', in which I played a small role in a significant headband.https://t.co/Q0YJjpodRV#BackCountdown
Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 17, 2019
14 days until my tour. Another vid out of the vault: A speech I did when @MountviewLDN gave Dennis Kelly and I an honorary doctorate each. It's a wee bit dream-crushy, but hopefully ultimately inspiring for wannabe showbizzers out there. https://t.co/srzC4QHSe1#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 18, 2019
13. I'm counting down to my tour with a daily song from the archives. In the category of "bespoke comedy ditties written in 2 days for a TV appearance", this may be my fave. Written for @ruthjonesREAL (hello Ruth!)https://t.co/0zc1Epc5jv#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 19, 2019
12. Countdown continues! One day, when I write a book, I will write an entire chapter about Feb 2016. Total head-fuck. To survivors in Ballarat & around the world: your courage astounds me. Massive respect to @Meshel_Laurie & @GorgiCoghlan.https://t.co/HkGgxr9MEA#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 20, 2019
11. Still counting down to my tour with a daily song from the archives. Only 11 to go. Fkn eek. This song is an Important Piece of Art. TAKE ME SERIOUSLY DAMN YOU. (And wait for the keyboard solo.) https://t.co/O8fLP8QvAz#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 21, 2019
10 sleeps until my 1st tour date, and today's vid of the day is... another speech. (When I posted my @mountviewLDN speech the other day, a lot of people assumed it was this one. It wasn't. This is. Who cares. No one. Hello.)https://t.co/CuJmR8KVoq#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 22, 2019
9. A song called Thank You God. If you prefer your relentless eviscerations of magical thinking to come in stupid musical packages, this one's for you. (9 days! If I'm planning to play this one, I really gotta start practising). https://t.co/eh04JGX0Vz#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 23, 2019
8 days to go until I have to front up for BACK. "Bears Don't Dig On Dancing" was originally written for WSPA (now renamed @MoveTheWorldUK). This is a version WSPA filmed at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2008.https://t.co/5apm59KcPh#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 24, 2019
7 videos to go until this countdown ends. Here's a video of @GeraldineQuinn & I singing a Leonard Cohen song on the final night of the Edinburgh fringe festival in 2005. We had had a lot to drink & were a little tired & emotional. https://t.co/XlxV4pvGT2#BackCountdown- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 25, 2019
6 days left in my BACK countdown. I am quite proud of this song. Good words, good tune. One day, someone with a beautiful voice will cover it. (Actually, @ManosDaughter did an amazing version... must find it.)https://t.co/FAcYjU3Lmg#BackCountdown #TimMinchinBACK- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 26, 2019
5 days to go until my first tour in fkn YEARS. Here's a single I put out last month. Stick your headphones in and turn it up loud - the ending is epic.https://t.co/cKssPa7Zi1#BackCountdown #TimMinchinBACK- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 27, 2019
4. FOUR sleeps until I'm on tour! So today's countdown video is a lullaby. This version was recorded in 2011 for 'Ben Elton's Live from Planet Earth', with some of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.https://t.co/0mpEJ76Kki#BackCountdown #TimMinchinBACK- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) February 28, 2019
3. Counting down to Tuesday's opening at @AdelaideFest. Here's a bad iPhone vid of a bad version of one of my more stupid songs. On the upside, the dude playing it with me looks suspiciously like the wonderful Ed Sheeran.https://t.co/1FuY4uw5hu#BackCountdown #TimMinchinBACK- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) March 1, 2019
2. Two days to go! I'm spending the day practicing. You may spend 5 minutes watching my weird head sing the greatest love song ever written. (Taken from "So F**king Rock", now watchable on Netflix, for those who have Netflix)https://t.co/3YNLOJAT6p#BackCountdown #TimMinchinBACK- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) March 2, 2019
1. Thank you for counting down with me. This last vid is very special to me (& you've definitely never seen it before). From my unreleased 2015 Sydney Opera House Steps concert.- Tim Minchin (@timminchin) March 3, 2019
Seeya on tour! xxxxhttps://t.co/qHQHOnGnrv#BackCountdown #TimMinchinBACK
Tim Minchin is the composer/lyricist for the musicals Matilda and Groundhog Day. The internationally renowned award-winning musician, comedian, actor, writer and composer, will return to the Australian stage with his first national tour since 2012.
The Australian premiere of BACK will commence in Adelaide on Friday March 8 at the Thebarton Theatre and will be followed by performances in Canberra, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
It will be the Perth-bred artist's first Australian tour since returning to the country after more than a decade living overseas and the long-awaited follow up to his consecutive sold-out national tours of Tim Minchin Vs the Orchestra in 2011 and 2012.
For complete tour and ticket information, visit: livenation.com.au.