Music Theatre Festival 2019 Kicks Off with PERFECT PITCH: SONGS FROM ACROSS THE POND
Music Theatre Festival 2019: THE BRITISH INVASION kicks off for Marymount Manhattan College with a brand new musical revue of material from the Perfect Pitch New British Musicals songbook-directed and choreographed by Larry Fuller (Evita, Sweeney Todd)-with an assist from Daniel Kermidas (West Side Story, Newsies)-and music direction by Steven Cuevas (Kinky Boots, Once On This Island.)
PERFECT PITCH: SONGS FROM ACROSS THE POND is made possible by a grant from the Frederick Loewe Foundation and will be performed in the Theresa Lang Theatre at 221 East 71 between 2nd and 3rd Avenues on January 26 at 8pm and January 27 at 2pm and 7pm. Admission is FREE but one must make a reservation on eventbrite: https://perfect-pitch-mmc.eventbrite.com
Songs and performers featured will include:
- She Meets Him from Lift written by Craig Adams and Ian Watson and performed by Full Company.
- Small Town Girl from My Super Girlfriend written by Tim Driesen and performed by Lillie Ellars, Nina Sinai, and Jessie Wrona.
- All About Her from Lift written by Craig Adams and Ian Watson and performed by Javier Skipper.
- Women Like You from Over the Threshold written by Christopher Hamilton and performed by Maddie Booth and Nina Sinai.
- Time Will Tell from Through the Door written by Laurence Mark Wythe and Judy Freed and performed by Paxton DeForest.
- Do You Know What I Think of You? from Departure Lounge written by Dougal Irvine and performed by Emilee Clapp, David Epstein, and Jonathan Zalaski.
- You've Got the Wrong Look from Over the Threshold written by Christopher Hamilton and performed by Ana King and Dylan Randazzo.
- Man of Steel from Danny Hero written by Timothy Knapman and Laurence Mark Wythe and performed by Ryan DeFranzo and Full Company.
- Around the Corner from The Lost Christmas written by Laurence Mark Wythe and performed by Mariella De Angelis.
- Lost in Translations from Lift written by Craig Adams and Ian Watson and performed by Alexandra Nowak.
- Positive from From Up Here written by Aaron Lee Lambert and performed by Emilee Clapp.
- Weird from Danny Hero written by Timothy Knapman and Laurence Mark Wythe and performed by Emilee Clapp, Mariella De Angelis, Brett Miller and Dylan Randazzo.
- Maybe in a Decade from The 45th Annual Marvellous Chatterley Village Fete written by Rebecca Applin and Susannah Pearse and performed by Lillie Ellars and Brett Miller.
- Unexpected from Through the Door written by Laurence Mark Wythe and Judy Freed and performed by Ryan DeFranzo and Alexandra Nowak.
- Sometimes from Danny Hero written by Timothy Knapman and Laurence Mark Wythe and performed by Maddie Booth, Alexandra Nowak, Nina Sinai, and Jessie Wrona.
- Action Man from The Lost Christmas written by Laurence Mark Wythe and performed by Emilee Clapp, Mariella De Angelis, Lillie Ellars, and Ana King.
- This Camera from From Up Here written by Aaron Lee Lambert and performed by Maddie Booth and Paxton DeForest.
- Butterfly from The Go-Between written by Richard Taylor and performed by David Epstein.
- If You Could Know from Defect written by Craig Adams and performed by Mariella De Angelis and Javier Skipper.
- Standing in the Shadows from Pieces of String written by Gus Gowland and performed by David Epstein, Brett Miller, Dylan Randazzo, and Jonathan Zalaski.
- Touch of Love from In Touch by Dougal Irvine and performed by Dylan Randazzo and Brett Miller on guitar.
- Pieces from Pieces of String written by Gus Gowland and performed by Full Company.
- If We Believe from Danny Hero written by Timothy Knapman and Laurence Mark Wythe and performed by Full Company.
Perfect Pitch is a not-for-profit theatre company, supported by Arts Council England, dedicated to creating new British musicals. Established in 2006, they work in collaboration with venues, writers, producers and creatives all over the UK and beyond to create, develop, produce and license high quality new British musicals.
Producers Andy Barnes and Wendy Barnes work together with writers and composers throughout the journey of the musical from initial idea to full production, offering creative and dramaturgical support, workshops and readings along the way. Once they are fully developed Perfect Pitch licenses the shows to both professional and amateur companies in the UK and overseas. To date, their new musicals have had full productions all over the world including London's West End, New York, Seoul, Tokyo and California. http://www.perfectpitchmusicals.com/
MMC Music Theatre Coordinator Patricia Hoag Simon noted, "We are thrilled to provide our students at Marymount Manhattan and New York theatergoers the opportunity to experience these beautifully crafted songs by the next generation of British music theatre writers. Who better than Larry Fuller--who has worked extensively on Broadway and in the UK-and Broadway MD Steven Cuevas to bring this material to life in a Revue format? We're hoping this will lead theatergoers and presenters to explore the rich catalog of Perfect Pitch musicals."
Marymount Manhattan College is an independent undergraduate liberal arts college located on Manhattan's Upper East Side that offers strong programs in the arts and sciences as well as substantial pre-professional preparation. The College's division of Fine & Performing Arts offers BA degrees in Art, Dance and Theatre Arts, and BFA degrees in Acting and in Dance, as well as programs in Musical Theatre and Arts Management. MMC's mission is to educate a socially and economically diverse student body by fostering intellectual achievement and personal growth and by developing an awareness of social, political, cultural and ethical issues. MMC utilizes its distinctive location in one of the most diverse and exciting cities in the world to provide a vibrant campus environment and offer students access to outstanding internships, community service and service-learning experiences, and the many historical and cultural resources of New York City. For information about Marymount Manhattan College, visit our website at www.mmm.edu.
MMC Music Theatre Coordinator Patricia Hoag Simon conceived Festival 2019 THE BRITISH INVASION which continues March 7 to 10 with the Who's TOMMY in the Theresa Lang, directed and choreographed by Emily Clark (Cabaret) with Jessica McRoberts (Spiderman) and music direction by Christine Riley (The Quiet Clock). Closing out the season is OH, WHAT A LOVELY WAR performed at The York Theatre at Citicorp March 20-23 with direction by Hans Freidrichs (Auntie Mame, Drowsy Chaperone), choreography by Rommy Sandhu (Mary Poppins, Bombay Dreams) and music direction by Yan Li (Made In China, Interstate.)