Audra McDonald Offers Singing Telegram & More To Benefit Covenant House Charity, Ends 8/5
Get a singing telegram from a dynamite diva!
Six-time Tony Award-winning Broadway superstar Audra McDonald offers a number of incentives to raise money for the Covenant House charity to help homeless youth in a new pledge drive now available.
The official description is as follows: "Last fall, Audra McDonald joined the board of Covenant House International, pledging to serve homeless young people in need. As part of that pledge, she will join members of the theatrical community in sleeping on the streets so homeless kids don't have to.
Audra has embarked on a campaign to raise $25,000 or more for the organization; she is offering an array of one-of-a-kind prizes in exchange for donations that are made between Wednesday, July 29 and and Wednesday, August 5.
- For a $50 donation, Audra will recognize you in the "Cool People Hall of Fame" on her Facebook page.
- For a $100 donation, Audra will tweet you her personal thanks. (Share your handle with her on the donation form!)
- For a $250 donation, Audra will send you a signed copy of her 2013 recording "Go Back Home," courtesy of Nonesuch.
- For a $500 donation, Audra will send you or someone special of your choosing a video message filmed on the night of her Sleep Out in November.
- For a $1,000 donation, Audra will deliver a singing telegram via phone to you or a loved one of when she sleeps out on November 19.
- For a $2,250 donation, Audra will join you and one guest for hot chocolate at Sardi's in New York before the Covenant House Candlelight Vigil for Homeless Youth on November 19.
To be eligible for prizes, donations must be made before the deadline on August 5. Supporters will be emailed with details on how to redeem their prize.
While Sleep Out: Broadway Edition takes place on August 17 in New York City, Audra will sleep outside in solidarity with homeless youth on November 19, 2015, following the annual Candlight Vigil for Homeless Youth in Times Square."