REBECCA to Premiere in Toronto

PastorErnst
Broadway Star
Posted: 5/19/09 at 12:32pm
Tony Award winner Christopher Hampton (God of Carnage) has joined the creative team of the new musical REBECCA, currently in development. The musical is being produced by Ben Sprecher and Louise Forlenza and is in discussions for a Toronto premiere prior to Broadway and the West End.

Just me or does is seem like more and more producers are gaining confidence in Toronto again? How exciting!
Tony Winner Christopher Hampton Joins Team of Toronto, Broadway and West End Bound REBECCA
PastorErnst
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/12/10 at 05:01pm
Kelly Nestruck (of the Globe and Mail) tweeted:

@nestruck: So producer Ben Sprecher tells me he's planning to open Rebecca: The Musical in TO in October 2012, then transfer it to Bdwy...
Twitter / Kelly Nestruck: So producer Ben Sprecher t ...
PastorErnst
Broadway Star
Posted: 2/16/10 at 09:37am
"Global Broadway Productions's Ben Sprecher revealed to The Globe and Mail that he plans to open the Gothic romance in London's West End in Spring of 2011, then bring it to North America in October, 2012, starting in Toronto. Mirvish Productions will present the pre-Broadway try-out and possibly co-produce, he said."
Rebecca musical to get North American premiere in Toronto: producer
Tag
Broadway Legend
Posted: 12/13/12 at 12:07pm
Interesting to hear that Mirvish is/was still interested during the whole drama of the Broadway production collapse.
Link
Annie94
Swing
Posted: 1/20/13 at 05:00pm
Any idea who will be casting this?
Tag
Broadway Legend
Posted: 1/20/13 at 06:09pm
I would assume this is not happening, but Binder Casting was involved in the past.

Message Board

BWW BLOGS