New Cast in Wicked

RW3
Broadway Star
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 10/25/13 at 11:05am
Does anyone know how the rehearsals are going with the new cast? Also, are most of the shows sold out?
FiyeroCronk
Swing
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 10/28/13 at 02:59pm
I am also curious as to if anyone knows how long Willemijn Verkaik will be with the show. I'm flying from the US in april to see the show and am hoping that she is still playing Elphaba, but I cannot find any information online as to what her timeline is. I have seen her in both German and Dutch version and wish to now see her in an English version. She is such a powerful singer.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 11/12/13 at 09:33pm
You guys are so lucky to see Willemijn Verkaik! My heart will always be attached to Wicked in the UK. I went on a grad trip there after college here in the US and it was the first time I saw Wicked. The two Elphabas I saw were Hayley Gallivan (holy voice, I've never heard someone sing as clean as her) and Louise Dearman (holy acting... she WAS Elphaba) and Lucy Van Gasse as Glinda (eh). I didn't care for the guy playing Fiyero at ALL, unfortunately. He seemed bored the whole time and not really into his character. I can't wait to hear reviews of the new cast!
Nerwen
Understudy
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 11/20/13 at 04:51am
Has anyone seen the new cast? Im most interested in how Willemijn gets along with the accent and overall impression with the new cast.
hanschens
Stand-by
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 11/20/13 at 06:41am
I haven't seen the new cast yet (though i do plan on going over the christmas holidays) but I have heard a couple of things on twitter. Apparently the new Morrible and Fiyero are very good, as is Savannah Street, the new Galinda. I've heard mixed things about Verkaik, apparently she is struggling with the english accent at some cost to her acting. Her no Good Deed is phenomenal from what I've heard. I'm assuming that her accent will improve as she settles in with the cast.
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 11/20/13 at 12:49pm
I'm rooting for her! And so proud of Willemijn! She'll get used to it and be amazing like always, I have faith in her.
nataliealana
Chorus Member
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 11/20/13 at 06:19pm
I saw the first night of the new cast on Monday. I had expected to love Willemijn and I did. She was brilliant although I agree with the comment about her struggling slightly with the accent. Occasionally she slipped up a little.

Verkaik was the main draw for me and I knew nothing about Savannah Stevenson but she blew me away. Best Glinda I've seen!
Plannietink08
Stand-by
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 11/27/13 at 06:26pm
Saw them last night.
Verkaik was very good vocally but her acting was a bit too full on. Her accent blew me away, she really is fantastic at picking up accents!
Stevenson tried a little too hard to be funny and there was nothing original about her performance.
This is probably because she's just stated, I'm sure she'll be even better in a few weeks.
Taylor is probably the best Fiyero London has had and the ensemble work terrific together!
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 12/8/13 at 07:58am
I saw Wicked last night, as I wanted to see the new cast and I was in Victoria anyway at the St James Theatre in the afternoon for In The Next Room or The Vibrator Play.

Wicked is all about the two leads, who are both after power in different ways, but one role stands head and shoulders above the other, Glinda is definitely the understudy, Elphaba must be one of the hardest and most demanding roles in the West End at the moment.

Firstly I thought Savannah Stevenson was great and up there as the best the Glinda I have seen, also I thought Willemijn Verkaik was very good in the demanding role of Elphaba, but not greatest one of seen, which firmly belonged to her predecessor, Louise Dearman who was remarkable in the rile and really knocked it out of the park.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
promisespromises2
Broadway Star
New Cast in Wicked
Posted: 12/9/13 at 03:47pm
^I'm surprised to hear your review on Willemijn! I saw Hayley Gallivan and Louise Dearman as Elphabas on my trip to London in August. Hayley's voice is beautiful and SO clear (almost too clear for the role of Elphaba), but Louise had the voice AND the acting. I physically and emotionally felt Louise change from first act Elphie to second act Elphie and it was a very emotional experience seeing that!

I would kill to see Willemijn, though. She has such a fan base I think I just assume she's unstoppable!

Message Board

The Producers Revival 5 Posts

BWW BLOGS