Comscore

Where the hell did they go?

Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
Posted: 11/5/12 at 09:38am
Where do some super West End actors/actresses disappear to? Do they leave the business?

Vicki Simon - Ado Annie 1998 NT Oklahoma! (where the hell is she?)
Sonia Swaby - Nancy 1998 London Palladium Oliver! (last seen on BBC I'd Do Anything, but what is she doing????)
And Simon's co-star Jimmy Johnston?
Are they out of work or what?
DeNada
Broadway Star
Posted: 11/5/12 at 11:20am
Jimmy Johnston last rocked up in Soul Man in Scarborough in August, playing a stand up comedian who sings 70s soul and Rigoletto. I kid you not.

As for Sonia Swaby and Vicki Simon, I think both have left the industry or now go by married names. The last credit I can find for Vicki Simon was in Peggy Sue Got Married in 2001 - someone asked exactly the same question in 2010 and no-one knew anything then!
devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Posted: 11/5/12 at 02:03pm
I know a casting director who was hunting unsuccessfully for Sonia Swaby. I think she is having time off for family. She's a great talent.
MusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Posted: 11/5/12 at 02:11pm
I would love to find out what happened to Vicki Simon, she was perfect in the Oklahoma recording.
mickeyjotheatre.webs.com

2014 Theatre: One Man Two Guvnors**** Coriolanus*** M For Medea* Wicked***** Gaslight***** Rent: In Concert** War Horse**** Birdsong*** Romeo and Juliet** Worst Wedding Ever** Good People***** Derren Brown: Infamous***** Blithe Spirit*** The Phantom of the Opera***** Urinetown**** Other Desert Cities***** Betty Blue Eyes*** King Lear***
BWF Profile Photo
BWF
Featured Actor
Posted: 11/6/12 at 09:14am
Whatever happened to Gemma Craven?

The great thing with human brains is they're fanless, nice and quiet although I'm sure mine whistles a bit sometimes.
Dubliner
Understudy
Posted: 11/6/12 at 10:20am
As far as I know Gemma Craven is still working. She has done some plays here in Dublin at the Gate (Friel's The London Vertigo and I think Present Laughter). She was a wonderful Mrs. Anna in an otherwise fairly pedestrian King and I about a decade ago. I don't think we've seen her for some time. She is a wonderfully funny, warm presence on stage with killer comic timing.
BWF Profile Photo
BWF
Featured Actor
Posted: 11/6/12 at 06:41pm
Thanks Dubliner.

She was once a stal-wort of the West End and I agree with your last sentence.

I was lucky enough to see her in They're Playing My Song in what now seem to be the dark ages:)

The great thing with human brains is they're fanless, nice and quiet although I'm sure mine whistles a bit sometimes.
Updated On: 11/6/12 at 06:41 PM

Message Board

TKTS Urinetown 10 Posts
Memphis West End 11 Posts

BWW BLOGS