West End Bares

MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/3/10 at 05:47pm
Anyone going?
Ive just been given a ticket for the midnight show.
Updated On: 9/3/10 at 05:47 PM
philitalia
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/4/10 at 03:49am
At midnight I'll be baring it all myself
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/4/10 at 05:19am
Um, so um? shall I come with you or go see the show!?!?
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
West End Bares
Posted: 9/4/10 at 08:03am
im going to the earlier show :)
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/4/10 at 02:12pm
I'll be there (Costume? Currently thinking silver hot pants!)
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/4/10 at 02:18pm
I thought the people with the lesser amount of clothes on were the ones 'on' stage!
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/5/10 at 12:44pm
I'm always 'on stage', darling!
tommyslim
Broadway Star
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 05:59am
so how was it?

please tell me barrowman didnt make a tit of himself?

(wishful thinknig i know but ah well)
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 06:12am
Even as a fan and one of his frequent defenders, John Barrowman let loose at West End Bares? He probably did Tommy you're right!
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 06:19am
I didn't realize that that irritating twat Barrowman was doing the show until around 6pm last night.
After much thought I decide to surrender my ticket to someone who had traveled down without one from Newcastle and sounded desperate to see the show.
I simply couldn't watch him in that kind of show where he undoubtedly would been given free reign to, as the above poster says, 'make a tit of himself'!
Updated On: 9/6/10 at 06:19 AM
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 06:35am
Just read a bit about this on some fan sites of his (clearly not the most impartial of reporting) and it doesn't seem he did anything too outlandish. Aparently he got a little crude with Paul O'Grady and rather enjoyed the stuffing money into pants segment of the show.

As much as I'm a Barrowman fan, I didn't fancy this one either.
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 07:53am
I was at the midnight show - had a great time.

I hope this thrives and gets bigger!
PastorErnst
Broadway Star
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 12:15pm
"I hope this thrives and gets bigger!"

You wish!! ^^
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 02:03pm
I was waiting for a comment like that...!
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 06:18pm
I had a ball (I think it was Oliver Thornton's or possibly Ben Richards').
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/6/10 at 06:27pm
But seriously...

...it was a great, fun evening despite the technical hitches and the crappy sound engineer who didn't know when to turn the mics on (but it was all for a good cause so you can't really complain).

Lots of hot bodies, fab costumes, most of which were fitted with velcro or poppers for easy removal, great choreography and astonishing acrobatics (especially given the small stage).

I was surprised at how small some stars are - Jill Halfpenny is tiny and Ben Richards is quite petite also, I always imagined he'd be much bigger.

Paul O'Grady was hilarious after "drinking my own body weight in tequila" - his repartee with John Barrowman was quite the funniest part of the show and made me miss Lily Savage all over again.

And, the icing on the cake, in my silver hot pants and jacket, I was identified by Broadwayworld's Miriam - great to meet you!
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
West End Bares
Posted: 9/7/10 at 04:54am
I wish I'd gone to see your outfit now HotJohn

Best number/performer of the night out of interest? (or hottest body if you feel like taking it to the gutter )
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/7/10 at 12:14pm
I'm a bit naive when it comes to West-End bares - what exactly happens?
2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia ** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels *** Urinetown ***** Charlie and the Chocolate Factory 3.5* Other Desert Cities **** Birdland **** The Phantom of the Opera **** Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake ***** In The Heights ***** Miss Saigon **** Clarence Darrow *****
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/7/10 at 04:32pm
I think my favourite routine of the night was the final one, 'Smash And Grab', featuring Sheridan Smith, Jill Halfpenny and Chris Ellis-Stanton in a cops'n'robbers number.

Hottest body in my opinion - Oliver Thornton.

And here's my outfit...

Marcus2
Understudy
West End Bares
Posted: 9/8/10 at 05:29am
I was there at the midnight show. Hot Jogn your outfit was amazing!

If anyone saw I was in the (black blazer, blonde hair and glasses (stood next to someone in a blazer, with blonde hair, really should have pre-planned those outfits!)

The show was brilliant, never seen anything like it. And the dancing (especially the strallen's) was amazing. I really hope they do one next year. Have been a fan of Broadway Bares for some time.

Oliver thornton deffinately wins best body! And Sheridan Smith would win best performance, I love her.
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
West End Bares
Posted: 9/8/10 at 10:40am
Hot outfit HotJohn!

Sheridan Smith looked amazing in the pictures I've seen and I think she's fab would have loved to see her!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
West End Bares
Posted: 9/8/10 at 10:49am
oooo ive got some lovely pics of backstage- boys being painted up!
Marcus2
Understudy
West End Bares
Posted: 9/14/10 at 09:08am
Are there any photos of the event? Usually broadwayworld does a great deal of covereage of the broadway event with backstage photos etc.

Message Board

Stellar West End 1 Posts

BWW BLOGS