Sweeney Todd @ The Adelphi - Day Seats announced!

ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
The production will be doing Day Seats from 10am at the Box Office, which will be 25 in the front row:

Full website live now:

http://sweeneytoddwestend.com/

2014 Theatre: Strangers on a Train 3.5 * From Here To Eternity 3.5* Stephen Ward ***** The Full Monty ***** Fiddler on the Roof (UK Tour) *** Stephen Ward ***** Jersey Boys ***** Blithe Spirit ***** Wicked (UK Tour) *** Arcadia **
Updated On: 1/18/12 at 02:43 AM
jaqs
Broadway Star
At the moment theres only 11 seats in the front row, hope that changes, as those Ballettes can get up early.
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
Anyone know how this is selling, looked at tickets on See and their seemed to still be plenty of good availability which surprised me. thought it would sell out quicker
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Perhaps the producers were over ambitious about their pricing tariff for Sweeney Todd.

Day Seats can be a euphemism for seats in the front row or anywhere else in the house, depending on how the performances are selling.

For example I bet you could bag a decent ticket for 25 or less for Rock of Ages or Wizard of OZ, why pay 40 at TKT's, I imagine you will get a decent seat for Ghost as well and I even push the boat out or should I say Billy Elliot, I have never had a problem getting a day ticket for 19.50.

Someone on here said that before Christmas that the Orchestra for Matilda wasn't sold out, but I am not going to push my luck and say this one would be easy to bag.

Has anyone tried for Wicked lately?

Keep this thread under your hat, as day seats are really aimed at the theatre devotee as a reward for their loyalty and not people who go once in a blue moon!
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
Bluejay2
Chorus Member
Hello everybody, sorry to bother you but I have a couple of questions, the day seats are available for every performance? because I was thinking about going to a preview on a Saturday. and also, do you think that there is a good chance to get the ticket? it may seem a silly question, but since my friend and I will be traveling from Italy just to see this show we really don't want to take the risk to don't find any seats considering that we wouldn't have a chance to try a different day. thank you :)
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
I don't know any specifics about day seats for Sweeney Todd but if you are travelling from Italy just to see the show then book seats!
You could get there and there be 11 in front of you for day seats and the performance be a total sell out. Not worth the risk
Bluejay2
Chorus Member
thank you very much for the suggestion :)
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Thanks for the info, day seats probably the only way I'll get to see this buuuut the thought of fighting with/being sat in a row of crazy 'Ballettes' doesn't fill me with glee. Perhaps if we later find out the day seats are scattered around the place I'd be more optimistic.

SoonerOrLater...having vivid flashbacks to scary fans at Michael Ball's concert last year *shudder* should have known better....
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/
nasty_khakis
Broadway Star
Any updates on availibility? I'm going to be in London the second week of April and really would like to see this as cheaply as possible. If it's "get there at 8am and you'll be fine" I'd rather buy a day seat, but if it crazier than that I'll just book a seat now.
jaqs
Broadway Star
See just have a 48hr discount offer for it, top price for 49.500, second price 39.50, not cheap but a good reduction.

Sorry just saw you said april and the offer is for mon-fri in march, still if they are discounting now more offers may follow on.

http://www2.seetickets.com/seemoretheatre/event_calendar.asp?e%7Cshowname=SWEENEY+TODD+OFFER&e|venaudit=Adelphi%20Theatre%2C%20The%20Strand&resultsperpage=1000&dateto=31/03/2012&firstdate=12/03/2012&lastdate=30/03/2012&filler1=id1smt&filler2=&filler3=
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Great you posted this discount now, where I just spent 67:50 for 1 ticket, oh well, I do not splurge on full price tickets often, Matilda was the last time.

Well looking forward to this, going on Monday week for the second performance.

Saw them loading the set in today, just a lot of cables and the foyer of the Adelphi was packed with boxes on wheels.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
Princeton Returns
Broadway Legend
The stunt casting has been announced. Jason Manford the comedian is playing Pirelli in the summer when the main guy is on holiday
nasty_khakis
Broadway Star
Any updates about the queue for tickets and what time people are getting there? I know it's only been up and running for a week but any information about this or discount code/sites would be helpful. Thanks!
Kicks8567
Broadway Star
I lined up on Monday morning at around 740AM (box office opened at 10AM) and I was first in line, with the next people not showing up until about 820AM.
mallardo
Broadway Legend
I showed up at 9.50 and got the last day seat. And this was on a Friday.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
nasty_khakis
Broadway Star
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm hopefully checking into my hostel around 8/8:30 next Monday morning and should be able to get to the Adelphi by 9 or 9:15. If I fail I can arrive earlier the next day. Just to be clear I don't need a student id or anything, right? It is the same as a general rush?

FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
I got there at 8.50 this morning and was second in line. By 10am there were only 9 of us there. The front row day seats are on the edges, but they are also offering back row of the stalls as day seats, don't know if that's a change to normal.
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
I got there at 8.50 this morning and was second in line. By 10am there were only 9 of us there. The front row day seats are on the edges, but they are also offering back row of the stalls as day seats, don't know if that's a change to normal.
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Here's my ramblings on the view from the day seats last night
Sweeney Todd
The Scorpion
Featured Actor
What's the view like from the day seats? At the Dress Circle signing, Ball told me that I'd miss a few things at the back by sitting there - is this right? Deliberating whether to get day tickets or book somewhere else in the auditorium...
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
From the front row you do miss some of the final scene which takes place on the floor of the stage, some day seats are also back row of the stalls, so you wouldn't miss this, but would miss the action on the gantries as the dress circle overhang cuts this off. For 25 though, the day seats are a total bargain.
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
It seems they offer front row and rear row(s?) for 25 for day seats. From the front row you can't see the floor of the stage so do miss out a bit on the end scene. I was A30 which also has the handrail for the stairs and a table in the way but you are very close to the performers. Rear stalls would miss the gantry, there are a lot of people up there singing and in the background but not much action happens up there. I would go for row A again.
The Scorpion
Featured Actor
Thanks for the info!
Skywalker3
Stand-by
Sorry to bump up this old threat, but I'm going to london 17-20 juli and I want to see Sweeney Todd.

So how are the Day seats lines now a days?
Bob30
Stand-by
Skywalker3 - I day Ticketed on the 16th April and i got there at 10 and managed to get the end of the front row with about 12 people in front of me (two show day so double amount of tickets) get there by 9:30 and id imagine youd be the front of ,or very near,the queue.

You can buy the middle of the front row for 33 or the sides for 25 or the back of the stalls for 25 although the set is high and the overhang will block some action.

I had the seat on the end of the front row to the left and it wasn't a great view but worth 25, although i did move back a row within the first ten minutes to the middle of row B :)
Westend: Lion King,WWRY, Blood Brothers, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Woman In Black, Crazy For You, Wicked, Sweeney Todd, Much Ado About Nothing, A Chorus Line, Book Of Mormon, Merrily We Roll Along, Cripple of Inishmaan
Tours: Avenue Qx2, Grease, Sister Act,WWRY,Hairsprayx2, Never Forget, Blood Brothers x2, Singin' in the Rain, Legally Blonde,American Idiot x2, Phantom of the Opera, Beautiful Burnout, Our Countrys Good, The Ladykillers, Joseph,9-5, Rocky Horror, CATS
Regional: She Loves Me, Sweeney Todd, Kiss Me Kate, The Pajama Game, Barnum (Chichester) Metamorphosis (Lyric Hammersmith)Tristan and Yseult (Bristol Old Vic)
Tickets: Nevilles Island, Much Ado About Nothing
theeatah
Featured Actor
double post
Updated On: 9/21/12 at 07:35 AM

Message Board

BWW BLOGS