A CLASS ACT at the Landor

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A CLASS ACT at the Landor#1
Posted: 2/13/13 at 7:42am
Just learned some seriously fantastic news! A CLASS ACT, the musical biography of the brilliant songwriter Ed Kleban, will be staged at the Landor theatre from March 18 to April 13, directed by Robert McWhirr. Ed Kleban will be played by the fantastic John Barr.

This has just moved up to top of the list of shows I MUST see!
THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)**** SHUFFLE ALONG (New York)**** SHE LOVES ME (New York)***** MY PARIS (New Haven)**** THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM (New York)** DEAR EVAN HANSEN (New York)***** BRIGHT STAR (New York)**** TUCK EVERLASTING (New York)**** STRAIGHT (New York)**** AMERICAN PSYCHO (New York)****. WAITRESS (New York)***** CAGNEY (New York)*** ADAM GWON:THE NEW AMERICAN MUSICAL (concert, St. James Studio)**** THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL**** LUCKY STIFF**** THE TOXIC AVENGER***** WEST END FEST (concert)**** SKY NEWS - THE MUSICAL**** SHOWBOAT***** FEMALE TRANSPORT (Swansea)**** THE RAILWAY CHILDREN**** BERNADETTE PETERS IN CONCERT*****. TITANIC***** THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW (Dartford, tour)**** THE THREEPENY OPERA**** THE GO BETWEEN***** I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER**** THE FIX*****
TBFL Profile PhotoTBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
A CLASS ACT at the Landor#2
Posted: 2/13/13 at 6:31pm
They did this show years ago, if i remember correctly, though i didnt see it at the time.

It will be a great role for John Barr and will definitely be there to see it this time.
ACL2006 Profile PhotoACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A CLASS ACT at the Landor#2
Posted: 2/13/13 at 11:04pm
saw this on Broadway about 12 years ago. it's a good story, but very depressing.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
A CLASS ACT at the Landor#3
Posted: 2/14/13 at 2:59am
Wow, that's great. I've never seen it and it's one of my most played Cast Recordings. Given the A Chorus Line revival it's also a pretty smart move.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
Updated On: 2/14/13 at 02:59 AM

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts
(Runs 7/28 - 8/25)
ADDAMS FAMILY
Scarborough Music Theatre
(Runs 2/8 - 2/24)
THE ADDAMS FAMILY
Orpheus Musical Theatre Society of Canada
(Runs 11/18 - 11/27)
PRISCILLA QUEEN OF THE DESERT